Thursday, September 02, 2010

Comedy trumps war...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Blend 1996-2010
War - Platinum Jazz
Ministry - Greatest Fits
Stravinsky - Symphony of Psalms

Lovely weather today...



...as the Festival comes to a close and I realise time has flown so quickly I've bloomin' well gone and missed Jim Park's "Silence of the Trams II"...

I console myself in the fact that I've probably made Jim some money in that he would have had to have let me in for free...

"Splinterheart"s issued into the mail system...

Bought two more CDs today I really don't need - the biggest selling album on the original Blue Note label, just before it folded in the late 70s (although probably now surpassed by Norah Jones) and a kind of best of by Ministry...

You see, it's the old £3 price tag which I can't resist...

On first listening, I thought the War disc was shite but, on listening again I can hear a funky influence on Talking Heads and Brian Eno...

Ministry of course is Ministry - noisy and good in the right circumstances...

Updated this to the heavenly sounds of the Stravinsky from the disc purchased on Monday in Linligthgow...

Comedy from the Edinburgh Festival entertained on BBC3, highlights Simon Evans and Tom Stade...

Highlight of the day : Edinburgh comedy...

No comments: