Friday, September 10, 2010

Wandering...

Playlist
Lou Reed - The Raven
The Tubes - White Punks On Dope
Uriah Heep - Come Away (Singles Box)
Various Composers - The Art of the Countertenor
The Stills - Logic Will break Your Heart
Moby - Wait For Me. The remixes!
The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band - Together

No gym this morning...

To the doctor just after nine instead, re my ongoing knee problems - I was advised to have them X-rayed - the doc reckoned my meniscae may be away the trip and need attention - depending on the X Ray results it'll either be physio or possibly operations...

Here we go again...

Post this I worked again on possible live performance...

Having spent the last few days experimenting I got to the point today where much of the stuff I took out of the songs over the course of this week has been reinstated...

In the afternoon, we drove to the Victoria Hospital and had my knees X-rayed - ten days for the results to emerge...

Then, on over to Stockbridge and we enjoyed a wander through this "village within a city"...



We stopped off at a few wee shops...

Let's just say that the Exec Producer likes a watch...



...and, as you know, I like CDs - today's first purchase was a disc of music by Schnittke, Lutoslawski and Ligeti from the Oxfam Shop...

Stockbridge is choc-a-bloc with charity shops, even including one which has been made over by the famous "Mary Portas"...

Continuing on, we passed the Gormley statue in the river...



...as we made our way to Patisserie Florentin for a coffee - although I enjoyed a smoothie instead...

Then, back to the car, on the way to which, I popped into the Shelter Shop to obtain a disc of countertenor performances I'd seen in their window as we passed earlier...

Back home, I fell asleep whilst listening to said disc and perusing some art books...

The evening was spent in front of the telly, watching that or listening to music...

That was about it for today...

Until, that was, I discovered a glitch in the Crispycat CD ordering system and had to stay up late organising some orders to go out tomorrow, with due apologies having been made...

Highlight of the Day : Wandering through the village...

No comments: