Friday, September 24, 2010

E = MC²...

Playlist
Richard Shindell – Blue Divide
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Splinterheart
To Rococo Rot – Kolner Bret
Herman Van Veen – Die Anziehungskraft der Erde
Count Basie – The Complete Atomic Basie (aka E = MC²)
Creek – 2010 01

A lovely leaf on the back path this morning...


Possible future cover art methinks...

Meanwhile, look what the book festival has done to the gardens in Charlotte Square...


Another week, another HMV sale...

Same old, same old really and I am slowly becoming conditioned into not buying any CD costing more than £3...

Today then, for a mere £2, I snapped up Count Basie’s 1958 classic of tunes written and arranged by Neal Hefti (of later “Batman” theme fame), “The Atomic Mr Basie” aka “E = MC²”...

I’m not a great fan of big band jazz but, when done correctly, it rocks – or rather it swings...

And this one swings with a vengeance...

Nice...

Back home to find a gorgeous aroma coming from the kitchen at Crispycat Towers – Anne had been preparing lamb shanks in a delicious sauce for around two hours...


Extremely tasty...

Post this and the first of tonight’s two “Coronation Street”s, I popped upstairs, picked up the acoustic and ran through around ten songs without the aid of music or lyrics and I was impressed...

Arghh! – another rethink perhaps re the upcoming gig...

Doing this meant I forewent the second Corrie but I did catch the third in the enjoyable latest series of “New Tricks”...

Meg the Black Cat enjoyed it too...


Then, to the PC to find the first new Creek track of 2010 in the inbox from Mr Sutherland, to which me and Mr Cobley (and Count Brodski if we can raise him from the dead – or rather his studies) are to add our input...

Yowsah...

Highlight of the Day : I might have said the new Creek track but I’m afraid Anne’s cooking just trumped it – sorry Craig – my tastebuds outdid my earbuds...

No comments: