Monday, November 10, 2008

Violator...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – New Songs
2RaumWohnung -36 Grad
The Monkees – The Works

Discovered today rather annoyingly that another track I’d uploaded from The Anthology had been deemed abusive by the IFPI and removed by my host server...

Had it reinstated but, to my dismay, I also discovered that the two posts here relating to the two “abusive” tracks (November 4th and 5th) had mysteriously disappeared from the blog...

At FOPP at lunchtime I found a 3CD set of The Monkees for a mere four squid and in it came...



Possibly better than the Beach Boys?

In the evening, home made soup was enjoyed along with “University Challenge” and “Spooks”...

Started copying all jazz tracks from the Jazz and Classical Jukebox to the external hard drive – a plan has been hatched...

Today we move into the second decade of the Anthology, reaching 1987...

Work began on the follow up to Poppies in September 1986 and, for the first time, I decided to work on no more than one song-based album per year....

The basis for this LP was the drum tracks created at outset, some in a Hi-NRG style...

They lay untouched for almost six months until guitar, bass, keyboards and vocals were added...

I either wrote new music and lyrics for each song, or added material I already had stored up....

This is the opening song from “Smalltalk” which, like all the tracks on this LP featured backing vocals recorded on the Casio SK1 sampler....

A song about radio stations and the city...

It's available via the link to download my music for free...

ANTHOLOGY 1987
SOMBRE REPTILES - TWIST SHOUT JITTERBUG BOOGIE AND DIE



Highlight of the Day : Spooks of course

No comments: