Saturday, November 29, 2008

Down, down, deeper and down...

Playlist
Mahavishnu Orchestra – Discography
Creek – 2009 Backing Tracks
Various – Jazz Jukebox
Various – The Real Birth of Fusion
Various – The Real Birth of Fusion Vol 2
Rheostatics - 2067
Yes – Going For the One

Spiralled downward today into a deep depression re wasting my time...

I was up, as usual on a Saturday, extremely early but managed to get nothing done “early doors” as I spent so much time trying to sort out the jazz jukebox – well not so much sort it out as get it to be recognised by the Creative Music Organiser, which I use to move tracks about etc etc...

I had thought I might go uptown, maybe to the music library, but I didn’t...

Anne went off to Tynecastle to watch the glory that was a 2-1 victory over the Huns of Castle Greyskull, erm, I mean Glasgow Rangers - while I went to the attic to continue on “Untitled #9” taking it a little further with the addition of more colour...



...don’t really know where it’s going though...

So, I made a start on “Untitled #10”...



...which bears a passing resemblance to “Untitled #1” (aka “Breathless Burning”) which is in a wine merchant’s personal collection and so to which I no longer have access...

Updated my picture sorter outer, Picasa, which now lets you make wee movies from stills – again wasted some considerable time on a fairly useless project on this...

Responses received from Cobley and Sutherland re the proposed reactivation of Creek – just Brodski to radio in now...

In the evening, I moped around – enjoyed “Merlin” and “Match of the Day” but felt rather guilty about the seeming waste of a perfectly good Saturday...

Today’s two Anthology tracks take us to 2006...

ANTHOLOGY 2005
CLOUDLAND BLUE QUARTET – THE CROCODILE SONG


Another of my more “popular” songs, co-written with my nephew, and featured on the album “Deeperdown”...

ANTHOLOGY 2006
CLOUDLAND BLUE QUARTET – STARTING TO WORRY


Like “The Crocodile Song”, “Starting to Worry”, which initially surfaced in acoustic format on “The Acoustic Ersatzreal” (the final version appearing a year later on “Ersatzreal”), features lyrics which are darker than they might appear on first listen – a typical trick from your correspondent throughout his so-called “career”...

Highlight of the Day : Hearts 2 Rangers 1

No comments: