Thursday, November 27, 2008

Unintended attendance...

Playlist
King Crimson - Islands
King Crimson – Larks’ Tongues in Aspic
King Crimson – Starless and Bible Black
King Crimson - Red

I’d been invited a couple of weeks ago to go along an opening of a new office tonight but hadn’t intended attending...

A call on the mobile at 5:15 changed that as I felt I couldn’t then renege...

And so some early evening champagne was followed by a bus journey home and a walk up the hill to Crispycat Towers for Thursday night staples of “Lead Balloon”, “Question Time” and “This Week”...

Other than that, my day was soundtracked by the mighty Crim as I once again read through the excellent song by song (or piece by piece) descriptions in Sid Smith’s biography of the band...

So much better than the Sci Fi book I was trying my damndest to maintain interest in a few weeks ago – which has now been consigned to the shelf...

Just a few days left now till the release of the final volume of the anthology and so two more tracks today, both instrumentals...

The first is “On A Clear Day” and, upon listening, older readers may recognise the origin of the title...

The backing track was created by Creek’s Craig Sutherland to which the strings were added by your correspondent a couple of years later...

It’s ended up being one of my all time favourite CBQ tracks...

ANTHOLOGY 2001
CLOUDLAND BLUE QUARTET – ON A CLEAR DAY



Another track from the 2002 album “Ampersand”, which was my first for three years and was a collection of pieces worked on between 1998 and 2002 with various different collaborators, is the title track, an excerpt from a much longer unreleased piece recorded with old chum Peri Urban and his Tranceport cohort Alan Martin...

Tasty ambience...

ANTHOLOGY 2002
CLOUDLAND BLUE QUARTET - AMPERSAND


Highlight of the Day : The mighty Crim on nutphones and in my eyes

No comments: