Friday, November 28, 2008

Orchestrations...

Playlist
Joe Henderson – Page One
Joe Henderson – Inner Urge
Joe Henderson – In’n’Out
Joe Henderson – Our Thing
Joe Henderson – Mode For Joe
Mahavishnu Orchestra – Discography

A good night tonight as Anne and I headed down into Leith to meet up with brother-in-law Keith and his wife Maureen for, initially, drinks at a Swedish bar called Sofi’s...



Then over to the Whisky Society...



...where Keith has a membership, for more drinks and some excellent food – your correspondent partaking of the special of the day, beer battered fish and chips with a tasty side portion of mushy peas...

After the meal we went round the corner to Roseleaf...



...another excellent wee Leith bar where we enjoyed more drinks and chat, by this time fuelled somewhat by our alcohol intake...

I was pleased to hear that Keith likes much of the King Crimson music I introduced him to and surprised also that his current listening features the Mahavishnu Orchestra...

I had not previously thought of him as being a “fusion man”...

I recall, well after midnight, extolling the virtues of, amongst others, “Sugar Baby Love” by the Rubettes and “Let Me In” by the Osmonds...

A taxi beckoned as you might imagine and we were home to bed around 1:15 am, me with the Mahavishnu Orchestra in the cans...

Very enjoyable indeed...

Rounding off with two more tracks from the anthology...

From 2003 comes “I Re-Arranged the House” from “Anotherhappyday”, one of my most popular songs and, in fact the one I have performed most over the last five years...


ANTHOLOGY 2003
CLOUDLAND BLUE QUARTET - I RE-ARRANGED THE HOUSE


...and from 2004 comes a very ambient piece called “After” from that year’s “04 04 04”...


ANTHOLOGY 2004
CLOUDLAND BLUE QUARTET - AFTER


Highlight of the Day : Out and about...

No comments: