Tuesday, November 04, 2008

4th time lucky...

Playlist
Girls Aloud – Out of Control
Girls Aloud – Girls Alive
Miles Davis – Big Fun
Miles Davis – Get Up With It

This is a reconstruction of a reconstruction OF A RECONSTRUCTION – the original post for today was inexplicably deleted without my permission – which is bloody annoying to say the least and a little worrying in that someone other than me was able to gain access...

So I reconstructed it and posted it again – and again, without so much as a by –your-leave the bastards deleted it again...

THEN I RE-POSTED A THIRD TIME - SAME RESULT...

SO NOW I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO REMOVE A LINK TO MY OWN MUSIC AND POST AGAIN...

So here it is for the FOURTH time...

OBVIOUSLY BLOGGER.COM DOESN'T ACTUALLY TAKE THE TIME TO READ A POST BEFORE IT REMOVES IT ON THE BASIS OF A FAULTY CALIM RE COPYRIGHT ABUSE...

Anyway...

I seem to recollect that today was the day that Anne unexpectedly bought me a preset – the new Girls Aloud album which came with an exclusive live album...

Post “Strictly It takes Two” and “The One Show” a rare thing occurred in that we sat and listened to music in the living room, albeit with the Liverpool game on in the background with the sound down...

Once we’d listened to both albums all the way through, Anne put up the commentary on the footie and I went upstairs to listen to the Girls Aloud album again...

I seem to recall in the original version of this post calling it top pop at its tasty best or some such...

Favourites are the No 1 single “The Promise” and the Pet Shop Boys collaboration “The Loving Kind” and the seven minute "Untouchable", but, really, there’s not a bad track on there...

Indeed listening to it for just the second time, many of the tunes had already wormed their way into my brain...

No such Ohrwurm though is today’s Anthology track “Running Through Fog” (which does not contain any abusive but only material which is copyrighted to me...

After living in germany for a year in 1980/81, I returned to Scotland and in the late summer of 1981 I recorded two albums, one of songs and one, “Treatment and Design” of instrumentals...

One of my favourites of the time, the instrumental album was recorded using only synthesisers, a couple of which had been borrowed for a week or so from ex-Pure Bears Paul Reynolds...

ANTHOLOGY 1981
DDHR – RUNNING THROUGH FOG




OK – let me just reiterate HOW ANNOYING IT IS TO HAVE HAD TO REWRITE THIS POST...

Just remembered, I carried on with ripping some Miles Davis CDs...

And I also found a great Alice Cooper video from his new album...

Like me, it’s been censored...

Highlight of the Day : New Girls Aloud

No comments: