Thursday, November 13, 2008

A round tuit...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Ten Songs
Girls Aloud – Out of Control
Alice Cooper – Along Came a Spider
The Violet Archers – Sunshine at Night
Asia – Phoenix
LCD Soundsystem – Sound of Silver
The Killers – Sawdust
Dream Theater – Sytematic Chaos
No Man – Schoolyard Ghosts
Sparks – Exotic Creatures of the Deep

Kind of accidentally bought two Fripp & Eno CDs on e-bay today – I bid £8 each always thinking someone would come along and outbid me...

No one did...

Ooops...

And, of course I have both of them already but not these new remastered versions – although you may recall I made my own versions of the “No Pussyfooting” extra tracks a few weeks ago...

Anne’s very popular Lamb Casserole for tea – Mmm mmm...

Inspired by last night’s open mic, I didn’t go to Out of the Bedroom but, instead, stayed in and played a few songs In the Bedroom...

Good listening today in the shape of my favourite albums of the months so far this year (other than the two jazz CDs which topped my “charts” in February and October)...

On TV, the welcome return of Jack Dee’s show “Lead Balloon”...

Into the 1990’s re the Anthology with one of my favourite tracks from the Sombre Reptiles album, “Crispysnatch”...

“Regret” features Crispy the Cat on piano in the opening segment...

It's available via the link to download my music for free...

ANTHOLOGY 1990
SOMBRE REPTILES - REGRET



Highlight of the Day : Anne’s Lamb casserole

3 comments:

Will said...

If one of the Fripp & Eno cds is 'Evening Star' I'll happily buy it off you.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

They are "No Pussyfooting" and "Evening Star".

Sad to say Will, I will be keeping them both as I am mad.

But I am hoping that Mr Fripp will surely have done something to Evening Star to have made it a worthwhile project to re-release it.

One of my all time fave albums, the opening two tracks being a piece (as a whole) which, for me, is up there with "Starless"...

Sorry!!

Will said...

No problem. I've been listening to No Pussyfooting (in all its versions) almost non-stop since getting it.

And I fully understand holding on to both copies. I sometimes want to buy albums I love twice, just because I love them (I may have ought the DVD of Three Colours:Blue twice for the same reason).

I'll be off to the shops then.