Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fru, fru, fru, fru fru, frustration...

Playlist
Various – Favourite Tracks of 2008
Various – Jazz jukebox on Shuffleplay
Fripp & Eno - Evening Star

What a deeply disappointing day...

I am being targeted by the IFPI who are accusing me of abusing copyright by uploading my OWN SONGS AND INSTRUMENTALS and linking from here to the library to encourage readers to download tracks...

Tracks which are COPYRIGHT ME!!!!

Posts to this blog are being removed without my permission...

It may seem trivial but it’s EXTREMELY ANNOYING to come on here and find my entries have been “disappeared” by the powers that be, because a robot computer is scouring the internet for “keywords” and “thinking” that some of my titles are copyright someone else..

It’s ludicrous....

But, to avoid having to constantly replace posts day after day and generally waste my time - even more than writing this blog or uploading my music already wastes my time - I am capitulating...

I am amending all entries since the end of October to remove the direct links to the Crispycat Music Library – including yesterday’s tribute download to my old chum Charlie Dootson – yes it’s come to that...

Sickening abuse of power by an organisation which is supposed to be protecting copyright owners but, due to their robot processes, is merely punishing an innocent party...

Luckily, following the first four or five occurrences of posts being removed from my blog without my permission, I backed the entries up to my hard drive and so can repost them without having to re-write them...

But it’s an incredible WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!

And HUGELY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To cap it all, my latest Jukebox appears to have a headphone fault...

And Queen of the South were beaten for the third week in a row – still fourth though (just)...

On the upside – Hearts won 1-0 away at Inverness...

And, this morning, the remasters of the Fripp & Eno albums arrived and, though I’ve not had a chance to listen to the whole of the three discs in question, what I have heard has been a revelation in clarity...

Also this morning, I re-recorded the vocals on new song “Please Stay With Us”...

It's available via the link to download my music for free...

CLOUDLAND BLUE QUARTET - PLEASE STAY WITH US


Mum arrived around 11 while I was recording and Anne was out with sister-in-law Jane...

Upon Anne’s return, we drove to Paisley to visit mum’s old friend Pat – a good time was had by all...

Anne and I spent the afternoon in Glasgow but nothing was purchased other than two lovely coffees at The Tron Theatre...

Other than a new comedy about a family with children, the name of which eludes me, and “Match of the Day”, the rest of my time will be taken up amending the blog to avoid the abuse which is being targeted at both it and the library of MY OWN music...

Highlight of the Day : Revelationary Fripp & Eno...

8 comments:

Sky Clearbrook said...

This IFPI stuff all seems completely absurd. Have you managed to make contact with a "real" person yet to get them to stop them removing your posts?

I would have imagined there would have been a bit of a process involved before removing posts in this way. Such as... er... establishing who owns the copyright! Surely they can't decide there has been a breach unless they have at least done this first. Or am I being a bit naive?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

The blog posts just disappear - no warning, nothing - unless Blogger are e-mailing me at an address somewhere to which I don't have access.

A coupel of posts disappeared on Friday night while I was on the blog - they disappeared when I refreshed the page.

As for IFPI, I get an e-mail from my remote server people to say tracks have been transferred to an "Abuse" folder following a complaint.

When I question it, they say it's IFPI.

IFPI use a global search looking for "Keywords" - they don't download or listen to the track.

I suspect they must contact Blogger too and Blogger just remove the offending post.

But say, for example, you had been particularly taken with one of my pieces and linked to the download - I suppose there's a chance your post could disappear too.

What's really infuriating is there are thousands of MP3 Blogs with whole copyrighted albums up for download and no action seems to be taken against them by IFPI whereas I put up a few of my own tracks and I get clobbered.

Whilst writing this though, it occurs to me that on all the MP3 blogs I've looked at, the links you need to download are posted in the comments, so perhaps the IFPI Rogue Robot Computers can't access comments?

What a waste of my time.

I am livid!!

Sky Clearbrook said...

I know that Google can pick up things written in blog comments, so there might still be a chance that they can be found by the IFPI.

As you say, the IFPI are meant to be protecting, not penalising, copyright holders - what a daft situation. I can't imagine you're alone in this. There must be millions of users composing and posting their own material. How utterly bizarre.

On another note, with such a huge body of work, I must confess to only dipping my toes in the water of your 30 year back catalogue. That said, I love Ersatzreal; Blue Eyes Across The Room, No Concrete Idea and Lights Out in particular.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Ah Mr Clearbrook - you buoy me with your comment - and it's good to know my most recent stuff is finding favour...

have spent the day working on a new 3 minute pop song...

Cheers

Lindsay said...

Now that is just stupid - and that coming from your friendly local lawyer....call this guy and tell him to quit wasting time on useless nonsense. After all someone is paying for them to remove your own tracks from your own website....
Jeremy Banks- Vice-President, Internet Anti-Piracy

IFPI Secretariat
10 Piccadilly
London
W1J 0DD
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)20 7878 7900
Fax: +44 (0)20 7878 7950
E-mail: info@ifpi.org

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I am goiong to write him a stern letter tomorrow...

I expect nothing...

Love the wee frog on your Blog Linds...

PS Mr C - did you spot the Soft Cell reference in the enry title?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I am going to check my spelling before I post the letter!!

Sky Clearbrook said...

I did! That's a great opener - I can imagine it sums up exactly how you feel.