Sunday, May 14, 2006

The wind in my hair (if I had any)...

Albums of the Day
Rheostatics – Making Progress
Yes – Union
Bozzio Levin Stevens – Situation Dangerous
Graham Fitkin – Kaplan
PAhud/Terrason - Into the Blue

Despite the late night, I am awake early again today but decide to listen to some Yes on the jukebox before getting up...

I notice three albums are missing, “Union”, “Keys to Ascension” and “The Ladder”, so, on getting up, I transfer these to the jukebox then listen to “Union”...



It’s probably one of Yes members and fans least favourite albums but I’ve always liked it...

Soon, Anne and Pam are up too and we have breakfast then head round to Anne’s mum’s (mmm lovely pancakes and coffee by the way) to drop Anne off – she’s going to watch the Hearts team parade the cup through the streets on an open topped bus...







Meanwhile I take Pam out to other sister Sheila’s in Penicuik where we meet up again with my mum..

Sheila’s husband, Andrew, lets me have a go on one of his scooters. It’s a bit nerve wracking and I feel very vulnerable being so used to always being in a car on the roads...

Wishing Pam and mum a good holiday, I head back into town and take a look round Fopp and Avalanche in Cockburn St...

I pick up these three CDs for just £5 at Avalanche but once again fail to spend my £20 Token at FOPP – weird...



Excellent prog rock trio...



Excellent electronic/classical crossover...



Excellent Jazz/Classical crossover...

Then to Jane and Bobby’s for a celebration drink and to watch again the best bits of the final – especially Robbie Neilson's now legendary tackle..

Then we take Anne’s mum home and return to Crispycat Towers for a quiet night in. I transfer my purchases to the jukebox then attempt to watch a programme about Hannibal – but I wake up lying on the settee at around 12:30 and so head for bed, exhausted again...

Highlight of the Day : A Scooter Ride

2 comments:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

look more closely - it's a billboard advertising a car - don't know if one of the onboard attributes is a fat-sucking pump or not though...

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

You can just see the top of the red car under the word which I agree is liposuction. Once your sciatica's gone, you can visit the site which is on Dalry/Gorgie Rd near Tynecastle - deffo a billboard - deffo a car add.

Of course by the time you get there the add may have changed...