Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Suits and insurance...

Music of the Day
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Nine New Songs
Lemon Juice Quartet – Peasant Songs
Argent – All Together Now
Echo & The Bunnymen – Ballyhoo : The Best Of
Billy Cobham - Total Eclipse
Tool - 10,000 Days
Tommy Smith – Misty Morning and No Time

Summer’s trying to make itself felt – although it’s bright and sunny, it’s still unseasonably cold...



Buying a new suit is becoming a bit like spending my FOPP token a few weeks ago – I keep trying to do it but for some reason can’t bring myself to do it. I vow to do it by the end of this week though....

While I have 4,300 + CDs, I have only three pairs of jeans and an old pair of black trousers to my name plus two old suit jackets (for which I wore out the trousers a while back) and one black linen jacket – and a rain coat – and a waterproof cagoule thing. So I’m thinking “New suit”...

Brought home particulars for some houses today – Pathhead, West Calder and Corstorphine (where we already live). This freaked Anne out as she would find it too stressfull to move. So I binned them....

We watched a programme on idiots trying to buy a second house abroad – I find it amazing that people in France and Spain don’t complain more about the Brits invading their country to occupy perfectly good houses for just a few weeks per year rather than people who move there to work -– at least the latter are contributing to the economy...

Watched England v Hungary. Dreadful dive from Gerrard just before half time gave a totally cheated penalty to England. Justice was done though when Lampard missed. Ian Wright at half time was awful. He cannot accept that England can do any wrong and truly believes they have some God-given right to win...

Second half and Beckham’s crosses from set pieces did for the Hungarians. Surely Becks must start for England in the World Cup? Those whipped in crosses could be worth a goal a game to the team I will never, ever support (thanks to the English media)....

I will be watching of course and hoping for a defeat in every game. They will likely qualify for the knock-out stages though. I will take out my usual insurance policies by placing bets on England to win each game. It gives me some consolation at least to come away slightly better off...

I’ve been buying on e-bay again and await the following CDs:-
Halloween Alaska - “Halloween Alaska” (featuring the drummer from The Bad Plus)
Halloween, Alaska - “Too Tall To Hide” (ditto)
Hayley Hutchinson – “Independently Blue” (the girl who supported Paul Buchanan)
Haftor Medboe Group – “In Perpetuity” (brand new jazz)
Billy Cobham – “Many Years Bc” (2CD) (I love this jazz fusion master drummer’s work)
The Bad Plus - “Suspicous Activity” (the album I almost bought for £15 at their concert last week)

Total outlay (incl postage) £36.73 = £6.12 per CD – not bad....

Another good episode of "CSI" tonight...

Highlight of the Day : Finally securing The Bad Plus CD

No comments: