Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hearts skip a beat..

Albums of the day:-
David Bowie - Outside
Various - Out of the Bedroom Vol 4
Herman Van Veen - My Cat And I

Feeling better today - probably another dodgy pie I hear you say...

This evening, we put Meg the Black Cat into her basket then into the car and I firstly drive Anne to her mum's for the crunch game, Hearts v Aberdeen...

If Hearts win, they go into the Champions' League next season, leaving Rangers in their wake - if they draw or lose, it's all down to Sunday's match, the last of the season, against the 'Gers in Glasgow...

Anne has been a bag of nerves ever since Rangers beat Hibs last night at Easter Road...

So Meg and I leave her behind and head to Julia's in Armadale, Meg's very own holiday home, where she will join Pandy the fluffy slasher cat and Dylan the mental dog for a few days while Anne and I head to Amsterdam for my birthday...

I arrive a little earlier than arranged and so let Meg out of the basket inside the car for a while - which she really enjoys - exploring all the exciting new nooks and crannies where she's never been before and sitting on the back window ledge watching the cars go by...

Julia arrives at 8 and the handover takes place smoothly, with Meg heading for the front window sill immediately, like she's never been away, and I'm off on the road again, heading for John and Ali's in S Queensferry to deliver the final master of Out of the Bedroom CD 4...

I find them struggling with their broadband connection but stay around for about an hour, chatting about this, that and indeed, the next thing - and John lets me have a sneak preview of a couple of tracks from their new Impossible Songs album, due soon, which they recorded in Germany while Anne and I were in France...

Sounds good - quite rocky from what I heard - and I think John's intending to add more guitar to a few tracks...

I jump back in the car and listen to the game on the radio - thankfully, Hearts are 1-0 up but there's still a good half hour to go...

Back home I continue to listen in the kitchen - nerve wracking stuff - then three minutes added on time and then, finally, it's all over, Hearts have won and must now finish 2nd in the league - what a season it's been for them and I'm so pleased for Anne...

A bit later I get the call to go over and pick her up from her mum's...

Back home again, final packing for tomorrow and then off to sleep around midnight - late but tomorrow's flight's at a civilised time...

Highlight of the Day : Hearts make the Champions' League!

No comments: