Saturday, May 27, 2006

Put your money where your mouth is...

Music of the Day
The Blue Nile – Tinseltown in the Rain (Best of)
The Blue Nile – Rarities 1984-1996
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Five New Songs (New Version)

Up before six and reburned the Blue Nile Best of to reflect last night's setlist...

Got Anne up at 8:30 and made breakfast as she was meeting with her sister Jane to go shopping for plants today - she bought quite a few but planting will need to wait for another day...

Spent all day from around 10am till 5pm recording new versions of the five new CBQ songs....



They're still all acoustic, though I did add drums and organ to three tracks but eventually deleted them...

Tried to upload all five as one file to Myspace (www.myspace.com/cloudlandbluequartet) but was advised as it reached 97% after 45 minutes, that the file was too large...

Another annoying thing about MySpace is, I can't work out how I leave a comment on my own page in order to answer the ponts visitors have left, like why I haven't uploaded "Skylines Full of Cranes" or "The Crocodile Song" and why I've only got one song up...

Part of the reason is, with my ongoing home PC problems, I can't actually see the music player on my page unless I'm using someone else's PC but if anyone wants to listen to more tracks by CBQ what's wrong with going to the music page on www.crispycat.co.uk - doesn't anyone visit real websites any more? Is everyone only into music they find on bloody MySpace??

Burned a CD of the songs and listened to it as I walked round Tesco - I was there for lottery tickets (yet again only one number...)

In the evening watched the Soccer Aid game (England v Rest of the World). Not the best footie match I've ever seen but it's all for a good cause...

However, in the same way that it was galling to watch Bill Gates spouting on last year about Making Poverty History, I found it a trifle galling to have David Beckham tell us how very little it costs for a mosquito net and that we really ought to be giving what we can to help stop malaria - this from a man who earns around £100,000 a week....

Got bored with the game and set up the equipment to record a 90 minute Pet Shop Boys concert recorded on 8 May at the BBC...

Finished off the day with "CSI : New York" and "Law & Order : Criminal Intent" and put some bids in on e-bay - I should of course have been sending my money to Robbie Williams and David Beckham....

Man, that was a bit of a grumpy post - hope I'm feeling better tomorrow...

Highlight of the Day : Working on some new songs

No comments: