Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Forgotten discs just lying around..

Albums of the Day
Yes – Yes
Yes – Time and a Word
Yes – The Yes Album
Yes – Fragile
King Crimson – Cirkus (2CD)
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Ambient Collection (Unreleased)
Grandaddy – The Broken Down Comforter Collection

Didn’t do anything today really. I resisted the urge to sit in front of the computer all evening and sat in front of the telly instead. Or I would have if I hadn’t got bored with it....

I went upstairs and tidied up the back room while listening to King Crimson’s “Cirkus”, a two CD “Young Person’s Guide to King Crimson Live”..

Whilst tidying, I came a cross the inevitable pile of white labeled CDs in amongst all the stuff, unlooked at for probably more than a year. Many of these were discs for the car and I’ll deposit them there shortly...

One was a compilation I must have made up a while back. Scribbled on the label was “CBQ Ambient Collection”. I gave it a listen and it was good. Starting in 1986 and moving through time to 1999...

I am very undisciplined when it comes to labeling CDs I make and putting them into labeled boxes – so I often come across CDs I can’t even remember making – all in all, I must have a couple of hundred CDs just lying around or stored on spindles, or in unlabeled boxes, waiting for me to remember them...

JY Johnny visited Crispycat Towers for the first time tonight. He was round to pick up the CBQ CDs for his Charity Golf Day for Maggie’s Cancer Centres, which takes place at The Royal Burgess Course on Thursday...

Ended off the day watching the second part of a two part documentary on Gretna FC followed by Newsnight which had a very long piece about someone trying to give up using his car to do his part to reduce Carbon emissions....

If everyone in the UK gave up their cars, Carbon emissions in the UK would be reduced by just 2.5% apparently...

So I don’t feel too guilty about continuing to use mine....

Highlight of the Day : A visit from JY Johnny

No comments: