Sunday, May 28, 2006

Prolific or what...

Music of the Day
Freddie Hubbard – Backlash
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Nine New Songs

A long lie today before heading out to Patisserie Florentin for breakfast...

Back home, Anne went into the garden to plant the plants she bought yesterday...

Here are some pictures to brighten things up a bit...









Whilst Anne gardened, I was looking to try and tidy up the files on the computer. Over 30 GBs are being taken up by WAV Files I’ve created over the last year using Cakewalk and I need to determine which ones can safely be deleted. So I set about getting all the Cakewalk tracks throughout the PC into one folder....

Anyway, I won’t go into the ins and outs of saving bundles etc but, while searching through the hard drive, I stumbled across some chord sequences I’d put onto the hard drive back in January and then forgotten...

I spent the rest of the day working these up into song structures and ended up with the basic structures of four new songs. I found another two on tapes of Ian Sclater sessions which I’d quickly recorded to disc during breaks. So six potential new songs to join the five I have already...

By the end of the day, I’d written four new lyrics....



...and so the four pieces I’d worked up from the January recordings were finished and I now have nine new songs....

I took a break to watch last night’s Dr Who – worst of the series so far but next week’s looks promising..

In the evening, I burned the nine songs to disc –

The End Of Everything
I Still Write You Letters
At Last (I Can Be Free)
The Luckiest Man Alive
Go Away (And Leave Me Here)
I Fell For Your Blue Eyes Across The Room
Chocolate On Your Bread
Rabbits On The Verge
Starting To Worry

Finished off the day with another ingenious "Criminal Intent" on video...

Highlight of the Day : Writing four new songs...

No comments: