Sunday, April 30, 2006

Teacher's pet...

Albums of the day:
Yes - The Ultimate Yes (Disc 1)
Kino - Picture
Imperial Drag - Imperial Drag
Dio - Master Of The Moon

Up late - i.e. 8 am...

Went downstairs and wrote up my "Book of CDs"...

This is a book in which I have recorded all my CDs in chronological order since my first purchase, Brian Eno's "Thursday Afternoon" in 1985. ...

I've been a bit lax lately, not having written anything in it since the end of February, so I have two months worth of CDs to write up...

My total as at end April 2006 stands at 4,300. This means that, since April 2003, I have bought 1,000 CDs...

At present I am listening to around 3 or 4 CDs a day. Being generous, I could say 4 CDs per day. That means, listening to the same amount every day, and never choosing the same CD twice, it would take until around 20 April 2009 for me to listen to every Cd I have - and that assumes no further purchases...

Clearly there is a problem here....

I am ill...

Anyway, today was"get OOTBCD4" finished day - and I spent 8 or 9 hours working on that following the completion of the last two sessions on Wednesday...

By around 6pm I was finished - burned the mock up - e-mailed all the artists etc etc...

It sounds pretty good too...

After that I determined to write a song...

I worked on chord sequences and a melody line, re-set up the studio after Wednesday's session and quickly got the guitar and a hummed melody onto Cakewalk. The we had a Chinese takeaway...

I forgot to mention that, while I was working on OTBCD4, Anne was out at Hearts v Celtic...

Finally, finally, justice has been done. Hearts thrashed the potato pickers 3-0...

After tea, we watched Corrie and then Waterloo Road, a BBC drama re a school. The story line of a teacher having an affair with his teacher wife's teacher best friend inspired me to write the lyrics for the new song - although it doesn't mention teachers anywhere...

Spent until 10:30 finishing that off then burned a wee CD of my five new songs since Deeperdown - looks like I might have another album ready before 2007...

The new song's called "Go Away (And Leave Me Here)" - another happy one - ha ha I am funny (as Richard Herring might say...)

Highlight of the Day : Hearts 3 Celtic 0 (and writing ANOTHER new song...)

No comments: