Friday, April 14, 2006

Grumpy consumer...


Aaargh....

A clearout sale at Virgin....

Loads of CDs for £3.99....

I had a pile in my hands but put most of them back....

However, I still bought “Reflections” by Gil Scott-Heron, an album I originally bought when it was released back in 1981. Indeed a covered one of the tracks, “Is That Jazz?” rather unjazzily, on my 1983 album “World of Fire”....

In addition, I snapped up Billy Cobham’s “Total Eclipse” from 1974 – tasty jazz fusion....

A joint album/EP by The Album Leaf and On!Air!Library! called “Lifetime or More” and a live album from his 1989 tour by ex-Yes guitarist and writer of “Owner of a Lonely Heart”, Trevor Rabin made up my quartet of purchases...

Prior to discovering the Virgin Sale, on Play.com I’d bought Girls Aloud’s last album, “Chemistry” and a classic by The Move (Roy Wood and Jeff Lynne) “Message from the Country”...

On e-bay, I bought a book on the rock business by Dave Bidini of Rheostatics, with whom I’ve remained in contact since he e-mailed me out of the blue just before we went to France at the end of March. He’s about to start a ten date tour of China...

Speaking of China, my two DVDs arrived today, Dave Gilmour Live and Bruford Borstlap Live...

In the evening, I was feeling a bit tipsy after two Good Friday pints of Kronenburg Blanc but an Indian Takeaway soon put me back on track...

We watched the Dave Gilmour concert - excellent - Anne pronounced Bruford-Borstlap to be too far out for a Friday evening and advised me I ought to watch this on my own...

On telly, watched "Coronation Street", “Law and Order” and “Grumpy Old Men”...

I am a grumpy old man – at least I think I might be, since I found myself nodding in agreement with almost everything that was said...

Also today, I created MP3’s of some of my most recent purchases in preparation for loading them into my now almost full Jukebox – more Spring cleaning required shortly...

Highlight of the Day : A very tasty Indian meal

No comments: