Sunday, April 16, 2006

Another happy song...

Woke at around 5:30 and couldn’t sleep...

Up at 6 and on to the computer. I did some stats on QoS’s form since the turn of the year – they’re the third best team in the league after newly crowned champions St Mirren and yesterday’s victims St Johnstone (who, in fact, were unbeaten this year until yesterday)...

Posted a couple of comments on the QoS board to this effect, then went downstairs and I made breakfast...

At 9:30, we watched yesterday’s 1st Division highlights including the mighty Queens...

Then I uploaded around 150 new tracks to the Jukebox – only half a gig of space left now...

Then to the Gym where I spent 40 minutes walking on the treadmill and ten minutes “running” on the cross-trainer. My ankle’s still very sore...

Meanwhile Anne and Meg were gardening...

Back home I picked up the guitar to serenade Anne and accidentally came up with a couple of new chord sequences. So I quickly fired up the computer and managed to get the bare bones of a song (acoustic guitar and hummed melody) on to Cakewalk...

Then we drove over to Leith for an Easter Day lunch (Anne was suitably surprised by her Big Chocolate Egg this morning)...

After a walk around the area, we ended up at Guilianos for soup (me) bruschetta (Anne) and a pizza. Very nice indeed....

By the time we got back to the house it was around 3:30 and, while Anne listened to the radio commentary of Celtic v Hibs (1-1 good result all round), I went back upstairs and finished off writing what’s now the third song for my next album...

So far I have:-

The End of Everything
I Still Write You Letters
Happy Song (ok that’s a working title)

I recorded five different versions of it but, as usual I’ll probably go with the slow version, even though it was supposed to be an attempt at a “happy” song – after accusations of being suicidal when I sang the other two on Thursday night...

While Anne watched “Emmerdale” and “Coronation Street” I updated the diary with the weekend’s activities...

And then worked out the chords for Alice Cooper's "Hello Hooray" which I might sing at OOTB on Thursday when the theme is "Hello" re the new venue...

Finished off the day watching a documentary on the Queen, followed by “Match of the Day 2”...

Highlight of the Day : Writing a new song

No comments: