Sunday, April 09, 2006

Going nowhere (not so) fast...

Managed to stay up until 2:30 am surfing around the net…

Consequently, didn’t waken today till after nine – late for me…

Breakfast at home, then Anne went shopping, dropping me off at the Gym on the way. This was my first visit for just over three weeks due to (a) injuring my arm (b) being in France and (c) having the cold…

Spent over an hour exercising and managed to run/walk around 7km without actually going anywhere…

Back home I burned the fourth mock up of the OOTB CD and also put together a package for the Acoustic Idol Awards this year, entering “Deeperdown” by CBQ and Jamie’s album, “Precious” into the Best CD category….

We drove into Edinburgh to deliver the two CDs, then out to S Queensferry to visit John and Ali of Impossible Songs to give them the OOTBCD – both are on the committee and there’s a meet tomorrow night…

A very enjoyable hour or so was spent at Impossible Towers before heading back to Anne’s mum’s for tea – a birthday celebration today for Anne’s brother Keith’s birthday tomorrow…

Took loads of pics of our nephew Ollie and his sister Kitty (I will upload some soon)…

Finally, back home, we caught up a little on “Desperate Housewives”, took in a taped episode of “My Name is Earl” and ended the day with “Match of the Day 2”, during which Anne fell asleep…

Highlight of the Day : A visit to Impossible Songs’ House

3 comments:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Are you serious? I'd never waste my money on gym membership. I am on a ten week GP referral to an Edinburgh Council gym.

Was there again tonight.

There is surely nothing as soul destroying as using a treadmill or cross-trainer.

I can't imagine what it must be like to be someone who does it out of choice and, not only that, but actually pays exorbitant fees for the privilege.

Apologies if this is an offensive response.

By the way, while I remember, Rory Gallagher sounds (or rather sounded) just like Kiss...

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Sorry about that Ms Low - of course after i posted my response I read on www.lodgerlow.com that you'd joined a gym and rrealised why you werre asking.

Sorry

(still wouldn't join a "real" gym though)

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Since I've never seen you, or a (recent) photo of you, I'd be unlikely to recognise you - although I suppose I could've ended up doing a paragaph on "an unfortunately shaped lady on a wobble ball" - but probably not - you'd have been more likely to have written "I saw some fat baldy bloke struggling to do 5 minutes at a time on the cross trainer. He looked a bit like the guy in all those photos over at Cloudland Blue, "...