Thursday, April 27, 2006

The luckiest man alive - not autobiographical...

To FOPP again today- 4th day in a row - still nothing, although a few things are beginning to form short list...

Albums of the day on the Jukebox:
Mogwai - Happy Songs (F)or Happy People
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Lucy Kaplansky - The Red Thread
Peter Gabriel - Long Walk Home (Rabbit Proof Fence OST)

Went along to OOTB tonight for the 4th week in a row - it's a long time since I've done that...

Ironically, if I hadn't spent 15 minutes rehearsing the three songs I intended to play - "I Still Write You Letters", "Happy Song" and "The Luckiest Man Alive" - I would've got my name on the board a bit sooner...

As it was, I was 12th and there were 11 slots - so I became a "squashee" just before the first break and played "The Luckiest Man Alive"..

It went down well and I was pleased with the performance...

Scott Renton gave me a disc with two short videos - my performances of "I Still Write You Letters" from the last night at The Waverley and last week's rendition of "Hello Hello" - interesting souvenirs but probably not for public consumption....

Caught up with Emily Scott and we compared notes on the Dar Wiliams show on Tuesday - she said she'd seen me bopping up the front...

Had a chat also with Lindsay Sugden (whose blog you can read here http://lindsaysrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/) she's started posting a lot more in the last week and we discussed the principles of daily posting and the problems of constantly playing catch up (as I'm doing now at an ungodly hour on a Saturday morning)...

Lindsay, as well as being a superb guitarist, also plays bass in Flowers for Algernon and has her own band Chocyamo - so she's a busy lady - what with doing her PhD and digging holes in Iceland (???)...

My real reason for going along tonight though, was to retrieve my capo, which I had inadvertantly left behind last week, attached to the black house guitar...

I'd been given the impression by various members of the committee that it had been found...

In the event though, it's nowhere to be seen. And so, it must be concluded that some thieving BASTARD has swiped a capo they've known wasn't theirs...

Of the acts I saw tonight before heading home around 9:30, I was most impressed by Emily and Lindsay...

Back home, I watched a couple of hours of telly before heading for bed...

Highlight of the Day : Playing my new song in front of an audience

No comments: