Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Making progress...



Nice day today but still quite cold for mid April I think....

Tonight I burned the final master for Ian Sclater's CD "It's Weird In Here" to give to Ian tomorrow. Hard to believe it's over a year since we started out on this project. It took a lot longer than expected but produced some good results...

Ian's having an initial run of 300 CDs made. If you'd like a copy, e-mail him at iansclater@yahoo.co.uk - he'll be chuffed to get your mail - just tell him Mr CBQ sent you...

Since Mr Bidini's book arrived yesterday, I've been listening soley to Rheostatics (apart from checking Ian's CD of course) and, despite the fact I already have a self compiled 2CD best of, I made a new single disc compilation tonight, making sure to include at least one track from every studio album (so excluding their film soundtrack and their double live CD)....

Final track listing (which will mean absolutely nothing to most of you but ypou can sample all these tracks here : http://www.zunior.com/by_artist.php?filter=R ) was:-
The Ballad Of Wendel Clark Parts 1 & 2
Saskatchewan
Self Service Gas Station
California Dreamline
Palomar
Row
Claire
Northern Wish (Group of 7 Version)
An Offer
Invisible Stairs
Stolen Car (1st Version)
These Days Are Good For The Canadian Conservative Youth Party Alliance
P.I.N.
We Went West
Marginalised
Here Comes The Image
Making Progress

Superb!!
(despite the fact that every one of these tracks is on my 2CD compilation....)

Also tonight I rehearsed my set for tomorrow at OOTB. I'll be playing my brand new song, working title "Happy Song", and a cover of Gary Glitter's "Hello Hello (I'm Back Again)"...

Sister Pam suggested Soft Cell's "Say Hello Wave Goodbye" to which I responded:

"I'd already thought of that - and I've recorded a version of this song before, around 1994 or 95 I think. But I know of at least one other person who's doing it. I think someone might possibly think of doing the Glitter song but no-one would've thought of "Hello Hooray" or "Welcome Back My Friends" - problem is they sound sh*te when I sing them...."

Was hoping to watch "Desperate Housewives" tonight but Anne fell asleep so surfed the net instead and spent some time setting up a new Myspace site...

Then I was on a roll re compilations and turned my ears to the lovely music of Dar Williams, who's playing at the Cabaret Votaire here in Edinburgh on Tuesday, a stage which CBQ has graced a few times over the last three years or so...

And so it was that 40 tracks for a 2CD Best of Dar Williams compilation were selected and the discs burned before heading for bed around 1am...

Highlight of the Day : Rheostatics Frenzy

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Heard your at the News again wee man.

Rheostatics had one big hit with a song called "Claire" in 1994 but not in the UK where they are virtually unknown.