Friday, April 21, 2006

Cracking and clicking...



Nice day again today...

Early morning I had to take the car to the garage for some work on its computer. I merely delivered it and didn’t get involved in any shenanigans – unlike this time last year when it all got a bit fraught between me and Arnold Clark...

Near the garage is a pub that opens from 7am till 11pm – I had an idea for a short film – the first two or three minutes of every hour from 7am through to 11 pm with me having to keep drinking all day for 17 hours – now that’s what I call time-lapse photography...

Last night I noticed a pronounced clicking sound from my still broken ankle, accompanied I mst say by quite a considerable amount of pain - and so, today, I phoned the infirmary around 10am. They offered me an appointment in a week’s time but I wanted to get it seen as soon as possible so I ended up going out there for 11:30...

Arrived at 11:15 and wandered around for a bit – I took this photo of a painting which hangs just inside the main door - it's called "Untitled" and is by Peter Talbot...



By 11:25 I was at the correct department but only to be told the clinic was running an hour behind schedule....

Nonetheless I was called to see the doc at around 11:50 – was sent to X Ray – recalled – then the situation was discussed at length (you know, around 7 minutes or so). The black line of the fracture is still visible but ever so slightly fainter than it was around six weeks ago at my last visit – so still broken then...

The clicking is something I’ll need to get used to as it may never go away – apparently it’s caused by the soft tissue around the break...

And the pain?

Yes, that could take up to a year to return to normal...

Great...

Back home, and Anne and Meg are in the back garden to meet me....



Minutes after this photo was taken, a bottle of red wine was cracked open and consumed in the garden....

Lovely...

However, I ended up being hit by a hangover just as it was time for bed...

On telly, Green Wing and Law and Order – during which Anne accused me of snoring – didn’t hear it myself though....

In the headphones tonight “Isaac Hayes Live at the Sahara Tahoe” a double live album I bought on vinyl around 1974 I think and which is one of my favourite live albums...

Highlight of the Day : Being told the cracking noise from my leg is "normal" for my condition...

No comments: