Wednesday, April 12, 2006

From past to present...

Whilst browsing in HMV, as I do most days, I found a 3CD set of Albinoni’s Oboe Concertos and bought it. It’s actually two discs of oboe concertos and one of violin concertos but it’s still something I’d like to have...

I haven’t listened to it yet but just know it will be good...

I also bought Gnarls Barkley's currently rather popular track "Crazy" which I understand is number one in the "pop charts"...

Why did Mr CBQ buy the current number one single??

Well, I spent most of the evening compiling, burning, scanning photos for and designing the cover of, a 2CD set featuring one hit (actually No 1) single from on, or around, each birthday of chum Yuill who hits 40 next weekend. Chum Margaret is chum Yuill’s sister in law and has ordered this two disc set from me as a present from her and her lovely family...

Also today I compiled a chronological list of classical composers from around 943 AD to the present day - using the internet of course : I didn't have the names, dates of birth and dates of death of almost 1,000 composers in my head....

Also – my arm has recovered to a certain extent and I am able to play the guitar, if somewhat gingerly. So I had a go at a couple of songs for tomorrow night’s final Out of the Bedroom at The Waverley...

The theme is “goodbye, farewell” and so I worked out the (three) chords for “Goodbye Cruel World” the final track of part one of Pink Floyd’s “The Wall” which lasts for around 30 seconds and which I will tack on to the end of my second song (two songs only tomorrow)...

Later on watched two live episodes of ”Desperate Housewives”, one on C4 and the next on E4 before going to bed.

Tried to fire up the CD Walkman with Mr Albinoni on board but it wouldn’t work – possibly due to it crashing out of the bed and on to the floor during last night’s restless attempt at slumber...

Highlight of the Day : A tentative return to strumming my guitar

No comments: