There was a Record Fair today but I agreed with myself I couldn't leave the house until I'd written up the last three days of this...
Time spent at the machines...
The rest of the evening, until Anne was back, was spent listening to the new CDs, when I really ought to have been working on sorting the recordings from yesterday...
Done...
At 10:30 a lift from Anne and a number 12 bus to the Art College...
Arrived at opening time, 11am - there was a queue...
In I went - boxes of CDs for £1 each at the door enticed somewhat - 11 purchases made...
In the main hall, bought three CDs from old record shop chum Bert Muirhead - he advised he's edging towards retirement...
He deals mostly on e-bay these days - and has passed 114,000 sales...
I have so many great memories of buying from Bert over the years, right back to the mid 70’s at Greyfriars Market...
On the way out, I was enticed by a further 4 items from the £1 sale and then took a seat in the sunshine to sort through the acquisitions...
These crackers for a quid each...
These three from Bert for £5...
And four more £1 bargains...
All told, well over £100 worth of music for £20...
And, as a bonus, they are all top notch!
Au revoir to the Wee Red Bar...
...and a walk to Haymarket...
The place was choc-a-block full of rugby tubes...
...but I made it home for listening and ripping...
Later on, Anne was off out with Chris with a Ch for the postponed meal at Petit Paris - while I cooked a concoction at home...
Grated carrots, peas, Quorn, frozen veg, an onion, chili flakes, mild curry powder, a stockpot and a tin of Tomato Soup...
Tasted very good indeed - like a cheeky wee curry takeaway of sorts...
The rest of the evening, until Anne was back, was spent listening to the new CDs, when I really ought to have been working on sorting the recordings from yesterday...
On Anne's return, we finished off "Flunked", followed by the third place match between England and France...
France didn't turn up for the 1st half and England went in, unbelievably, 4-0 up...
Within 20 minutes of the restart though, it was 4-3 and France, after the unexpected defeat to Spain in the semi-final and that dreadful first half, suddenly seemed to have their mojo back...
Loads of misses from them too - they could've had another 4 goals - with little in response from England, until a penalty in 87 mins from one of their rare forays forward...
France pulled back to 5-4 in 96 mins and were pressing for an equaliser when Bellingham sealed it via a breakaway and a fine individual goal with almost the last kick of the ball to make it 6-4 England...
Crazy game...
Elsewhere, this evening some pics from Lindsay re Lex in his retirement home...
Sadly, he thinks he's staying in a Hotel...


No comments:
Post a Comment