Tuesday, July 28, 2026

A 93% saving can balance the occasional steep breakfast output...

Playlist


This morning, up and writing this and listening to the last portion of the podcast...

Around 9:30, out with Anne and over to the roof of Waitrose to park...





Stuff bought and, then, the short walk to Cafe Andaluz for breakfast at 10...



Anne enjoyed the usual Hollandaise Poached Eggs on Avocado and Sourdough Toast...

I went for the "healthier" veggie breakfast, replacing the goats cheese with tomatoes and the fried eggs with poached eggs...


Suprisingly tasty...


These plus two Americanos came to over £30...

Just as well it's not everyday...

And just as well I can get £43 CDs for just £3 at Shelter, where we popped into post breakfast...

Back to the car...





...and home for listening, leaving the ripping till tomorrow (as I write this)...



A superb set, well thought of in reviews and the quartet's demise regretted...

They only did one more CD...



2.5 hours spent just listening to this...


...enjoying a coffee...


...surprising myself at how few Beethoven string quartet CDs I own...


...and doing some background reading, on the net and here...


Also posted this...


...and thought better of it, given I'd then have to like every recording people post up, so as not to have them think I thought their recommendation was a pile of shite...


Ended Season 2 of "Death Inc" - getting funnier as it goes on...

Then Anne was off to Tynecastle...


Another defeat - 0-2 (0-6 on aggregate) and it's into the Conference or somewhere else in Europe they go, to face Benfica or St Gallen...

On Facebook, old school chum Ian "Gogsy" Stewart posted up this picture of our 1976 exchange trip to Hückelhoven in Germany...

Can you spot your, then, lithe correspondent?


On Anne' return from Tynie, soaked through but not too despondent, we continued into Season 3 of "Death Inc"...

Sucked in...

Ended the day with some Hawkwind...

Highlight of the Day: Beethoven...

Today's New Music:




No comments: