Wednesday, July 22, 2026

An impromptu trip to your hometown can be enjoyable...

Playlist


Up early and writing this...


Post breakfast, with Anne off to Zumba, decided to take a trip to the Weedge...


An hour after leaving Edinburgh, we were pulling into Glasgow...




A five minute walk for the bus to Byres Road...


...but a 15 minute wait...


...for said bus...


I was soon looking through the shops of choice (and finding nothing)...



I noted places where, in the old days, we would park the car...


Eventually, I was in the Oxfam Music shop - didn't manage a visit 13 days ago when here to meet up with nephew Olly...

Noted this (and downloaded it tomorrow morning - listening as I type)...


Includes duets with Francoise Hardy and with Bryan Ferry...

This was playing and impressed (also downloaded tomorrow morning)...


And this was the release that started my fandom for Dar Williams, some 30 years ago, when someone brought it into our shop to sell and I nabbed it for myself...

An absolute steal at £1.99...


I took advantage of their half price sale on all classical CDs, taking 6 for £6.50 (see below)...

Then, next door into Spaccanapoli for lunch...


Unlike me to splash out by I thought what the hell, for once...


While I waited, I noted today's purchases...



Two top quartets (both of which I have renditions already of course)...


Two CDs of early 90's contemporary classical music from Scotchland...



Piano music from Iceland...


...and two discs of music from New Zealand...



The pizza was sans tomato - which I stupidly hadn't noted when ordering...

Still, not bad at all...


...and accompanied by a Coke Zero...

...and followed by a walk for a bus back to the centre...


I ended up at Missing but bought nothing...


Another bus, supposedly to the bus station but never arrived there...


...which then necessitated a walk back to said target....



I was almost back where I'd started...



...and left Glasgow at 2:30...


Met Anne down in Corstorphine around 3:30 and we jumped on a 26 back up the hill and home...


...for ripping and listening...

This evening, a bowl of cereal for tea following the larger than absolutely required lunch...

Late on after some German TV, a sparkling water...


 ...and bed around 11 or so...

Highlight of the Day: Trip to my home town...

Today's New Music:

No comments: