Playlist
After 10 and a half long weeks, today...
...things in the house would finally be back to what passes for normal...
First though, writing this, breakfasting and then updating the book of CDs...
21 years ago today I bought this...
434 a year, 36 a month, 1.2 a day (on average)...
Hmmm...
And suggestions into the band WhatsApp group chat from JB re tomorrow's session...
"Desolation Row - Use maj7 chords, make it dreamy sounding, only 3 verses used. As breaks we use the Sun King coda from the Beatles Abbey Road.
Knocking on heavens door - done in a light reggae style.
Highway 61 done in a bluesy style using a Superstition kind of riff all the way. Maybe just do 3 verses.
All along the watchtower, Hendrix version but with a jazzy lilt.
Like a Rolling Stone - pretty much straight but with the piano part a little different on the chorus (will explain).
If not for you - done straight and poppy.
Mr tambourine man - Byrd's version, again maybe lose a verse or two."
Should be interesting...
Anyway, a man arrived, with some underlay and some carpet and some tools...
Printing paper was used to even up a small section of the floorboards and then off he went on his task...
I was"trapped" in the laptop room, listening to 100 great LPs which are now 50 years old (on shuffleplay - see playlist above for the 40 or so I sampled)...
Outside, I spied a man walking a cat on a lead...
Around noon, it was done...
Lovely...
Over lunch we started new to us thing "I, Jack Wright"...
...which was found to be very good - in all 4 of the 6 episodes watched...
Some late afternoon reading in the back room...
Then, to "helping" Anne in the kitchen...
Yowsah!
After that tasty tea, back to "I Jack Wright" and we finished it off...
So, the whole thing in one day...
A day, which I ended back in the back room, enjoying 2 LPs...
Around this time 50 years ago, as pictured here a couple of days ago, I was on a school exchange to a little town in Germany, where I bought this very record - Mick Ronson’s 2nd solo album, “Play Don’t Worry”, a favourite ever since…
“White Light/White Heat” (rescued from the Pin Ups sessions) is the final appearance on record of the “Aladdin Sane”/“Pin Ups” Spiders from Mars line up of Ronson, Bolder, Garson and Dunbar…
Then, the day closed with one of my fave LPs - indeed one of the best LPs of “all time” (yep, even counting everything that’s going to be released between now and when the eventually Sun explodes)…
Lights out...
Highlight of the Day: House back to normal...
Today's New Music:



No comments:
Post a Comment