Thursday, February 09, 2023

The fifth member of the fab five...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Glam! (Demos 2023-02-07)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Glam! (Demos 2023-02-08)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Piano! (Demos 2023-02-08)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Beatles (Demos 2023-02-09)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Elvis (Demos 2023-02-09)
Isaac Hayes - Instrumentals

Another day of what hardly anyone would call "work" but, yes, work...


The neighbour's far, far too bright security light often wakes me up re tree movement...


Today was such a day...


And so...


...The Beast was about its business early on...


Coffee time...


The moon was still out...


A veritable "shitload" of Beatles songs were recorded today - hearing the music without the singing led me to more appreciate the writing...

Late on some Elvis joined the fray...

Rough demos recorded so far:-
Tuesday 10
Wednesday 49!!
Thursday 45!!

So, over a hundred songs recorded in three days - because all I need to do is sing them...

And I have sourced loads of tracks that I am "aware" of but don't "know"...

Meanwhile, Rocky...


...popped by...


And, also into the house came a new kettle, a fabby new jumper for Anne...


...and a new toaster...


Yowsah!


An appointment was made for "the dump" tomorrow re these trusty old friends...


Meanwhile too, it was Kitty's birthday today - 19 already...

She was out with the family at The Chophouse - here she is with proud mum, Jane...


Time is flying...

Only one new record today (other than material for me), a previously unheard of Isaac Hayes compilation, which features a track I've never heard before...

It's an instrumental recording of my very favourite arrangement of "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" which features, with vocals, on his "Live at the Sahara Tahoe" double LP from 1973 - a fave for me since buying the double LP in 1974... 

And so another backing track is available for me to murder!

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Being an honorary Beatle...

Today's new music:-

No comments: