Saturday, April 09, 2022

Washed out...

Playlist
Jon Anderson - In the City of Angels
Harold Budd - The White Arcades
Sparks - Interior Design
Les Rita Mitsouko - Marc & Robert
Black - Comedy
Son Lux - Everything Everywhere All At Once OST
Rammstein - Zick Zack (Single)
Allan Holdsworth - With A Heart In My Song
Kortatu - Kolpez Kolpe
Eric Serra - Le Grand Bleu: Bande Original Du Film
Pet Shop Boys - Introspective
David Sylvian & Holger Czukay - Plight & Premonition
Falco - Wiener Blut
Richie Hawtin - Consumed in Key
Father John Misty - Chloe and the Next 20th Century
Banks - Serpentina
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Unlimited Love
Wet Leg - Wet Leg
Pink Floyd - Hey Hey Rise Up (Single)
Joe Satriani - The Elephants of Mars
Calexico - El Mirador
Enemy of None - Enemy of None
Lucius - Second Nature
U-Ziq - Goodbye
Sleep Token - This Place Will Become Your Tomb
Pattern Seeking Animals - Only Passing Through
Gerald Clayton - Bells on Sand
Jack White - Fear of the Dawn
Joep Beving - Hermetism
Melissa Aldana - 12 Stars

I've done it again - writing this up on Sunday 24 April, so details may be sketchy...

Dammit...

Anyway, up...


And to downloading some tasty looking new music and to noting and ripping new CD acquisitions...

I already ripped this in that Chester...


... but there were further items awaiting me on my return - a 3CD set of piano music by a young French star...

Solo, ensemble and "rarities"...


A very good 3CD overview of my favourite jazz label - sadly, with minimal information...


...but with some super funky tracks from the mid period which I had not heard before - so that's good...

A 3CD set of an opera from 1737...


Lovely...

...and another tasty 3CDs of piano music...


...the third of which played entirely by Steven Hough...

Meanwhile, I compiled my initial nominations for the fortnightly "best 5 LPS of a particular year" poll...

This fortnight it's 1988...

I am a week late in starting but was struggling to even get up to 100 this time - managed these 85, including a few additions to the collection which I reckoned I ought to have...


I noted on the Twitter as I posted up my nominations, that this was another year with so many "cack" LPs, including perhaps a few of my own choices....

I note too that many "cack" LPs I saw while researching, which may be others' faves, do nothing for me - so if you don't spot them, that's why...

And I compiled the content for this week's podcast which is, of course, also late due to the holiday and, frankly, the Covid...


...with which we are both washed out...

No doubt also today, some telly was watched - most likely, last night's episode of "Picard"...

Lights out...

Washed out...

Highlight of the Day : Being home...

No comments: