Sunday, April 17, 2022

Making up for an opportunity lost...

Playlist
Rheostatics - Vancouver
The Violet Archers - Keep It In the Ground (Single)
Mahogany Frog - Faust By Mahogany Frog
Rheostatics - September 5 2019 - Sonic Boom Toronto Ontario
Jeroen Van Veen - Minimal Piano Collection Vols I-IX
Glenn Gould - Beethoven Variations
Berg, G  - Ã‰clatements
Berio - Sequenzas
Glass - Solo Piano Music
Ulrich Schnauss & Mark Peters - Destiny Waiving
Rachmaninov - Rachmaninov: Piano Concertos 1-4

Up late...





Started a new thing today...

It will take me until June 2023...

Each day, a section of the CD collection chosen at random and selections listened to...

Today, No 223, a box of classical titles from Beethoven to Berwald...




Gould’s Beethoven Variations, Gunnar Berg and Berio’s Sequenzas enjoyed…


Made a wee list of stupid projects to keep up to date...


That worked...

Flowers in the porch as I made my way out...


A visit to my mum - with her shopping - she reckoned she might have Covid...

The wolfing of a Chocolate Éclair seemed to suggest otherwise...


A test came back negative...


On the way home, after the cancellation of yesterday’s proposed music shopping in that Glasgow, while Anne would be enjoying Hearts beating Hibs (the offer of a free ticket saw me at the game too), I popped into a chazza... 

Picked these up...

5 for a £1...

Yep, 20p each...

2CDs of Rach’s 4 piano concertos...


3CDs of Glass Piano Music (I have this already in an even bigger box set)...


3CDs of Brendel & Rattle’s Beethoven piano concertos...


3CDs of 60’s hits…


…and a disc by Spain’s Xoel Lopez (it has mellotron!!)


Some TV was watched tonight though it's too far gone now for me to remember...

Highlight of the Day : CD Bargains...

No comments: