Sunday, April 10, 2022

Not getting back into the swing...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Dissolution II
Melissa Aldana - 12 Stars
Sondre Lerche - Avatars of Love
µ-Ziq - Goodbye
Teho - Infinity
Pattern Seeking Animals - Only Passing Through
Stick Men - Prog Noir
Christian Lee Hutson - Quitters
Sleep Token - Sundowning (Instrumental Version)
Miss Kitten & The Hacker - Third Album
Max Cooper - Unspoken Words
Golden Earring - You Know We Love You (Live Ahoy 2019)
Capital Models - 2022-04-02 (Dave & Stu)
Tippett - Sir Michael Tippett 1905-1998
The Bad Plus - These Are The Vistas (European Edition)
Father John Misty - Chloë and the Next 20th Century
Richie Hawtin, Plastikman & Chilly Gonzalez - Consumed in Key
Vangelis - Direct
Son Lux - Everything Everywhere All At Once OST
Pink Floyd - Hey Hey Rise Up (Single)
The Fall - I Am Kurious Oranj
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Unlimited Love
Wet Leg - Wet Leg
Rammstein - Zick Zack (Single)
The Bad Plus - Gaslight Studios Winterjazzfest 2022
The Bad Plus - Authorized Bootleg, New York, 12.16.01
Various Artists - Trojan Presents: The Producers
Cloudland Blue Quartet - File Under "Electronica"
Alice Cooper - School Days
Tom Rogerson - Retreat to Bliss

Started the day snoozing with my own piano music, despite all the recent piano influx to the collection...


A visit from Fang but Anne quickly advised he should be ejected so as not to take Covid from us to his real home...


Oh well...

A nice breakfast...


No shopping for, or visit to, my mum this week...

Discussion on Twitter re this mass - I have two recordings - it's been a fave since I bought the top one at Tower records in 1990 or 91...


Erm and here's my pyjama trouser - probably to notate I did not need to get dressed, as I was going nowhere...


Lunch...


My 85 nominations for the 1988 poll were cut by 41% to these 50. They will be further honed over the course of the week, with 10 LPs a day falling away (ok, 5 on the last day), until the (my) final 5 are revealed on Friday...

I noted too that there must be, literally, thousands of acts who released LPs in 1988, who wish they could go back and record their drums less bombastically...


Spent some time in the afternoon recording the podcast which was uploaded at 6pm, according to my notes...

Weekend over...

Highlight of the Day : On the basis of the above, a visit from Fang...

No comments: