Wednesday, March 02, 2022

I am not a betting man...

Playlist
Saltire Quartet - Under The Hammer
Melt Yourself Down - Pray For Me I Don't Fit In
Various Artists - Trojan Presents: Lovers Rock
Jewel - Spirit
Pulse Emitter - Cosmic Images
Frederico Albanese - Before and Now Seems Infinite
Various Artists - Anthems Hip-Hop III
Avril Lavigne - Love Sux
Matt Haimovitz, Christopher O'Riley - Troika
Warmth, Pepo Galán & Andrew Tasselmyer - Pale Sun
Various Artists - Heavy Nuggets
Robert Glasper - Black Radio III
Tommy Smith Youth Jazz Orchestra - Emergence
AES DANA - (a) period.
Whitacre - Marimba Quartets

Up early and, initially, WFH...


Also whittled 1998 down to 20...


Around 10:15, out...


...for a meet with chums in town...


...and then, on to a minibus to Musselburgh...


...for a day at the races...


The views from the office this afternoon...



The food was top notch and the drink was flowing...





My bets were, in the main, successful, though the gains were minimal...




Three of us got to choose best turned out horse for the fourth race...

I liked this one's mane...


I liked this one's mane and tail...


...but this one was popular with my colleagues and eventually got our vote...


Lovely beastie...


I put a bet on it each way and it "romped home" in second...


We presented the prizes too...


My convoluted and completely incomprehensible main bet cost around £13...


Despite having a horse placed in every race, my winnings amounted to...

£3.25...

Hmmmm...

I am not a betting man...

The horses went off to their beds...


...and we made our way back into town for more beers...

A bus home and flaked out in bed by the time Anne got home from the Hearts v Aberdeen game - a glorious 2-0 win for the JTs...

I was very slightly the worse for wear...

Highlight of the Day : At the races...

No comments: