Friday, March 04, 2022

I am a creationist but only in terms of me creating...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Uncertainty Touch
Creek - Fake Leopard Coat
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Dissolution II
Max Richter - My Brilliant Friend (Season 3) OST
Marillion - An Hour Before It's Dark
Wolfgang Flür - Magazine 1
Band of Horses - Things Are Great
The Weather Station - How Is It That I Should Look At The Stars
KYOTY - Isolation
Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point
Lou Reed & Metallica - Lulu

Up...


..and final prep - including the full uploading and note writing for the next CBQ album; and all the note writing for the first Creek release since 2004...

All done and both LPs released on Bandcamp by 8am...

Also, by close of play today, I had recorded the follow up to one of my favourites of my lockdown LPs, "Dissolution", piano and ambience based works...

I have used exactly the same ambience as the original but have created 10 new piano pieces to rest on top of those...


Titles are taken from words used in the 4 March entry in Brian Eno's diary for 1995..

Thus, "Dissolution II"...



It will most likely be my next release...


A couple of spaces in the 2022 schedule still to fill...

"Metal Machine Music Vol II" is also ready

Vols III and IV still to be put together, though I know exactly what I'm doing...

"Wagner" still to be finished off...

"Disquietmusik VI" will be recorded in November/December and "2022" will be compiled at the end of the year...

In addition, the plan is to re-release in 2022 all of the Creek sessions we ever did...

June will see the 25th anniversary of the group...

This evening, my top 5 of 1998 was finally revealed...

Here they are 1-5, L-R...


Some controversy over my top pick, as it was released as a vinyl LP in 1997 and has already been in that year's poll...

 But the 1998 CD release is quite different and contains almost twice as much music (I have both) and  so, for me, counts...

So get it right up you...

Lovely Keralan Chicken curry for tea from Anne...


Episode 1 of the new series of "Start Trek : Picard" watched - we definitely needed a "previously on" but got none - no real mention of the fact he's inside an artificial body now...

Difficult to follow...

But we will soldier on...

No bingeing though, as the episodes are being released weekly...

And so it can replace "Death in Paradise" as our Friday night watch...

Elsewhere this evening, listening to new releases, garnered today (including my own as yet unreleased thing), from Max Richter, Marillion, Wolfgang Flür, Band of Horses, The Weather Station, KYOTY and Tears For Fears...

To bed with Lou Reed and Metallica...

AND SO CONCLUDES THE 17TH YEAR OF THIS DIARY

Highlight of the Day : Creating...

No comments: