Saturday, October 23, 2021

The almost inevitable doubler..

Playlist
Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters
Grant Green - The Complete Quartets with Sonny Clark
Martin/Ara - Music for Bassoon & Piano
Stevie Wonder - The Definitive Collection
Run-D.M.C. - Greatest Hits
Berg - Violin Concerto, Lyric Suite, 3 Orchestral Pieces
The Monkees - 2001: Live In Las Vegas!
Various - World Moods
John Eliot Gardiner - Once As I Remember
Mahler - Symphony #4, Songs Of A Wayfarer
Various - Ultimate Dirty Dancing
Keur Moussa - Sacred Chant & African Rhythms from Senegal
Pixies - Wave Of Mutilation: Best Of Pixies
Anonymous - Popular Music from the time of Queen Elizabeth I
Dvořák - Symphony #1
Dvořák -  Symphony #2
Dvořák - Symphony #3
Dvořák - Symphony #6
The Monkees - The Works

Up super early to finish off the podcast - so many Saturday entries begin with those words...


Scenes, including the box from which yesterday's Freddie Hubbard CD was sourced...


Last night, whilst podcasting, I continued with my self imposed stupid task of Tweeting every CD I've acquired in 2021...

I had not noticed until I did this that one of the Christopher Franke CDs I obtained for 20p in the summer is autographed...


I started the day by editing what I recorded last night of the podcast...


...and getting some coffee...


More scenes...




...before recording the last third or so without, which is extremely rare, a single botch up...

Podcast done and out into the void...

Then, out with Annie to The Haven...




...for a slap up breakfast...


...post which noting some good trees...


Off in search of new clothes but none found...

Instead we ended up at the shore for cappuccinos...

The view...


Some lovely bread was acquired and we headed home, where Grant Green and bassoon music entertained in the back room...


A visit from Fang...



...staying only for as long as it took him to scoff some Dreamies...


Anne was off to the footie - a disappointing 1-1 draw with Dundee (Queens also a disappointing 0-0 draw v Morton)...

I took a walk down the hill...


...for a look through the various charity shops  - pathetic I know but this is almost the full extent these days of my shopping experiences other than shopping for my mum every Sunday...


Anyway, uh-oh...


I was soundtracked by these two acquisitions from yesterday...


Back up on the bus, for my sins...

And down the hill from the Terminus...



...where Autumn was making itself felt...








However, some items are having a last hurrah...


...including in our garden...









..and Anne's anniversary flowers are still around...


In and listening and ripping...


The Hall and Oates was found to be a doubler...


But these were good for just 20p each...




This sparked a massive download of every Monkees studio LP for 1966 to 2018...






The one doubler...



This was a whopping one pound...


And these too, were just 20 new pence each...






The Dvořák Symphonies were found to be particularly sprightly...

Anne, home, disappointed but made a lovely curry...


Anne evening of listening and telly...

Saturday over...

Highlight of the Day : Out with Anne...

No comments: