Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Modern art and Yes...

Playlist
Various - Function Underground
New Order - Be a Rebel (Remixed)
Various Composers - Orgellandschaften Vol. 1: Lueneburger Heide-Wendland-Lueneburg-Celle
The Necks - Unfold
Slikback - AKUHIKA
Slikback - MELT
FERN - Vascular Poems/Abstract Safari
Carole King - Crying In The Rain
Birdy - Birdy
Brown, J F - Prospero's Isle
Capital Models - In Concert 2021-08-11
Brahms - Piano Works (Mikhail Rudy)
Lecuona - Cuba : Lecuona - Piano Works
City and Colour - A Pill For Loneliness
Capital Models - 2021-09-12
Yes - The Quest

Two weeks ago today as I write this but I have also been updating backwards from 13 days hence (easier to recall what I did) so, I am kind of getting there re the seemingly never-ending update...

Anyway, the usual early rise...


Some art - of which I will see more later...



...and some art books - not dipped into today..


Filing remains - soon!


Someone extolling Nina Hagen on the internet - my collection of records...


Coffee...


...and listening to some of yesterday's purchases, as I ripped...


The beast was, post breakfast, ready to go...


Out...


...and down the hill with Annie, arranging to re-meet with the Exec Producer post her appointment, while I took a walk along the main street and found some things...



A 2CD best of Billy Joel was also partaken of for a quid - only for it later to turn out, I have it already...

To Roseburn re our meet and a walk by the water of Leith...


Reflections as we crossed the bridge - a similar pic forms the cover of my LP "Riverleaves" from 2013...



Mr Gormley's man in the distance - I'd not realised I'd coincidentally captured him till I wrote this...


...and looking the other way...


Up the steps to the gallery of Modern Art...


We had an appointment re our entry into the building of delights and were early, so we took a seat in the garden and I got coffees and a cheeky wee scone...





Round the front...



..and in...


I'd not seen this Hirst sculpture before...


In the first corridor, an exhibition of works by school kids...


Impressive...










Pretty, pretty impressive...

Then, upstairs, the first work we saw was by the artist who features in my song "The Surrender of Barcelona"...


I will not bore you with my commentary but, rather, let the works speak for themselves (plus it takes a lot less time to do the entry if I say nowt!)...

Enjoy the tour...
















I did like these works by Joan Eardley, about whom the EP is seen here reading...









So much so, I took a few close ups...








Onwards...



Dali...





















Dali again - "Mr Quartet, white courtesy telephone please"...




Henry Moore's "Helmet" - oo-er missus...















In the bookshop, I was attracted to this but realised I already have it, albeit with a different cover...


I do not have this though - amongst my myriad Richter based publications...


I was enticed by this but, later, ordered an older edition with the same cover for a couple of quid...


Last look...


Very enjoyable indeed...

Out into the sun...


...and more Moore...


A wee seat at Gallery 2, which we did not enter...


...but we did enjoy the views...



Onwards...


...and..


...gradually...


...out...


Over the river..


...for sustenance...


...followed by a further walk by the water...





...to Stockbridge, where the Shelter shop afforded these wee beauties...







A bus up to Princes Street and another home to Crispycat Hill...


In and let the listening and ripping begin...


...apart from Billy Joel that is...


This evening, messages from old chum Jorg Sonnenschein resulted in the new Yes album, "The Quest", due 1 October, coming into my possession...



Heard from outside the cage of expectation, this is a very good indeed 8 song LP (albeit with 3 not quite as good bonus tracks). Forget the past. This is Yes now....

Thanks Jorgo!!

Highlight of the Day: Modern art and Yes...

No comments: