Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Creating...

Playlist
Can - Live in Stuttgart 1975
Cloudland Blue Quartet/Edward Spark/Tim Webb - Come On You Laggards (Single)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Courage of Our Convictions (Demo)
Capital Models - The Sweet Thrill of 2021
Yes - The Quest
The Album Leaf - One Day XX
Mono - Pilgrimage of the Soul
Soen - Imperial
Neal Morse Band - Innocence and Danger
John McLaughlin - Liberation Time
Circa - Valley of the Windmill
Yes - Heaven & Earth
Gentle Giant - In a Glass House
Cloudland Bue Quartet - Variation on Brian Eno's "Thursday Afternoon"

Writing this a week later...

Let's see...

Up at six...


...and listening to Can...


Views...



The squirrel was enjoying breakfast...



Today, some chat re "the first 3 CDs you bought" - these were mine, back around this time in 1985...


This reminded me that, back in January this year, I'd downloaded replicas of the loops that comprise the Brian Eno recording...

I fired up the machines and did some work...

Then, I recalled that, of course, back in 1997, I'd recorded a version of "Thursday Afternoon", which mainly comprised me doing a long guitar solo over an excerpt of the original CD...

This was added quietly to the mix, slowed to half speed and the closing section of, mostly, guitar bursts, was excised and boosted and then became a main feature of what is now an hour long "Variation on Brian Eno's "Thursday Afternoon"".

And so, all of a sudden, I have the new LP I was seeking when thinking about what I might release in October...

Good work...

Highlight of the day : Creating...

No comments: