Thursday, September 02, 2021

Finally venturing out...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Coldclear
Keaton Henson - Fragments EP
Keimzeit - Privates Kino
Alice Cooper - School's Out
Neu! - Neu!

Up just after six...


Scenes...




This morning, I was mainly listening to the new CBQ ambient LP (out tomorrow), while writing the notes etc...

I made a trio of downloads ("Diverging, Vehicles", "On, Arrival", "New, Criterion") available...

Outside looked good...


..but I was inside...



My 100 nominations for the top 5 LPs of 1972 were whittled today to the top 20...

It's getting very hard to cut now! 

Over the next 2 days, they'll be further honed to the penultimate10 and, then, my Top 5... 

I am of a certain age - so they very much reflect my taste around the time in question, as opposed to LPs released in 1972 which I may have discovered as I got older...


So, sorry if you think some of these choices (e.g. 2 x Uriah Heep in my top 20?!?) are a bit off kilter!

Elsewhere, some new Abba songs were announced and two released...

Hmm. Not great. At the time, if you lived through it, they were shite. Music for people who are now in their 80s and 90s. Then, ironic hindsight got out of hand. Their rubbish became feted - all IMHO of course. I do love many of their singles. In, erm, hindsight...

Anyway, some feedback confirmed I shouldn’t have dissed the Abba…

Added a new song to my playlist for the weekend’s podcast…

Actually, I'm sure I played Waterloo on the programme a year or so ago after jinglemeister Stu Cobley suggested Capital Models should cover it...

Eventually, we did go outside this evening for a walk, this wee beast was on the back door...


Juts a short walk around the environs...







...and back, to find the beast had not moved...


A tasty tea of fishcakes and beans...


Also this evening, I chose Five German LPs from 1972.  Could these be a 1972 top 5?


Can, Cluster, Klaus Schulze, Neu!, Tangerine Dream...

Four and a quarter hours of fun!  Or Spass, even...

I was then told it was time for bed... 

Night all...

But with one of the Deutsche quintet on the cans, as I retired for the day...

Highlight of the Day : Finally venturing out...

No comments: