Monday, November 23, 2015

On the mend...

Playlist
Yes - Early Years 1969-1983
Various Composers - The Genius of Rome (1592-1623)
Various - The Shelf (Last 185 Acquisitions)
Various - History of the Single (1959-2015)

To the doctor this morning, kindly driven by Anne...

Coincidentally, ten years to the day since I broke my ankle so spectacularly...

Re my recent op though, I am doing ok...

At least a further two weeks of respite required...

Scar is fine and healing nicely...

I am to gradually migrate my painkiller regime over from Cocodomol to Paracetomol over the next two weeks...

I am also to gradually increase my exercise during that time, taking walks every day and lengthening them as time goes on....

Have been getting regular pins and needles/numbness in my left thigh but is probably just minor damage to nerves re positioning whilst in theatre - should gradually disappear of its own accord...

Need to practise taking deeper breaths to try and get my diaphragm back to its previous strength - otherwise it will seem I am suffering from breathlessness - although really just pain avoidance...

Much healing to be done inside given levels of intrusion and internal damage caused by the surgery...

So progress is good and need to manage the pain, reduce medication and increasing exercise...

I came a way with a prescription for a few items, which we then had fulfilled....


Unlike three weeks ago, this time we made it for a coffee and some other nice things...


...and, back home, this had arrived - I had not realised it was a 2CD set - a bit of a bonus...


All was peaceful at the feeding station...


...till squirrel number two showed up...




Number two saw off number one and enjoyed the spoils...

A goodly part of the afternoon was spent watching Tivo'd stuff as well as enjoying the new CD...

And I also rejigged my iPods and iPhone re music content...

The smaller iPod will now contain "The Shelf" which is roughly the last 100 physical purchases plus any digital acquisitions in the same period - around 185 albums in all since end July...

The phone now contains my "History of the Single" collection...

In the evening, we once a gain sat through "London Spy" - each episode makes us wonder why we are subjecting ourselves to it - but each episode also seems to have a very good last ten minutes or so...

We will continue to watch...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : On the Mend...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good news. Glad you got a good report.