Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What a difference 42 years make...

Playlist
Various - Album Tracks of Between 2:40 and 3:20 Purchased March-May 2015
Herman Van Veen - Kervers
The Moody Blues - Seventh Sojourn
Various - LPs Purchased 1972/73
Faust - The Faust Tapes

My mum's new "unwanted call blocking" phones await charge up and installation over the weekend...


Once again, more walking and, once again, less eating today...

This a view from the bus stop at the zoo...

The Creepy Coop...


Back home, I have recently found a list of LP, CD and cassette albums I owned as at around 1988...


I am trying to figure out how best to merge it with my list of album purchases created from my contemporaneous diary entries between 1972 and 1983...

This is how I waste my time...

Having enjoyed Captain Beefheart yesterday, today, or this evening, with Anne out for a belated Mother's Day dinner with Jane and their mum, after cooking some quorn based spaghetti and watching two episodes of "?" (the programme about Angels and Demons etc* whose name escapes me in an "I'm almost 60 you know" stylee), I gave "The Faust Tapes" a spin...


Originally bought in 1973 for just 50 of your English new pence if I recall correctly - Gong's "Camembert Electrique" was snapped up for just 59p the following year - it seems I have always bought stuff because it was cheap rather than because I actually wanted it - but that's how I make discoveries...

The Faust LP was weird then and it's weird now - the difference is, now it's actually quite enjoyable...

Lights out with Faust...

Highlight of the Day : Rediscoveries...

*"Supernatural"

No comments: