Monday, March 16, 2015

Moving out from behind the pillars...

Playlist
Steven Wilson - Hand Cannot Erase
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Starlightnight
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Tarkus

Rather a shorter playlist today, as I concentrated on listening to whole albums...

Meanwhile, Anne was at home wallpaper stripping - it seems the small room was last decorated in April 1994 - when Crispy Kitten was still with us...


After a birthday curry with chum Bernie, who turned 60 today, this evening, I made my way along Princes St, past the Apple Shop, having popped into both HMV and Fopp...


...to meet up with Dr Prog who, coincidentally, turned 58 today...

We were at the Queens Hall to see Steven Wilson, who had a polite request to his audience...


I, unlike other people watching matters through their phones, with scant regard for the artist or their fellow audients, did not photograph the show...

However, I did take this pre show, to illustrate the view afforded to me sitting in  aseat sold for exactly the same ptice as those around it...

This view was particularly annoying, as much of the long set was accompanied by some very good films...


The show itself was excellent - the band comprised Wilson plus Guthrie Govan (Asia) on guitar, Marco Minnemann (UK) on drums, Nick Beggs (Steve Hackett) on bass and, the son of the founder of Elektra Records, Steven Wilson regular, Adam Holzman on keyboards...

While the music was superbm, the icing on the cake was the visuals which really made it...

This young lady featured in many of the films - this a still projected after the show was over...


After around five songs I gave up my seat and stood at the back door of the auditorium, which afforded this, much better, view...


Leaving Dr Prog in the bar in a state of birthday bliss, I made my way home via two buses and a walk up the hill...

This the scene at erstwhile Crispycat headquarters, after Anne's sterling work...


Earlier, the 3 disc re-release of "Brain Salad Surgery" had been partaken of...


I must advise that four weeks on, the lurgi remain in situ and now the ten years ago broken ankle is also providing considerable gyp to the equation...

But, then again, I am nearly as old as Dr PRog...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Spectacular audio-visual event...

No comments: