Monday, March 09, 2015

I know what I like...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Schneewitchen
Ligeti - Chamber Concerto for 13 Instruments
Webern - Concerto for 9 Instruments Op 24
Varese - Octandre for 8 Instruments
Lutoslawski - Chain I
Takemitsu - Rain Coming
Birtwhistle - Ritual Fragment

Listening mainly to the new work today...


A walk to Dalry this lunchtime to post off more orders...


In the evening some telly - parts of Man U v Arsenal, my old faves coming out winners in the FA Cup Quarter Final - and "University Challenge" - much like the team from Cambridge, I was not on fire...

Later on, some 20th Century classical music and "House of Fools", "Newsnight" and a taped "Coronation St" - the EP helped me out re who everyone is these days...

I should, of course, have been dismantling wardrobes but that can wait for another day...

Highlight of the Day : New music holding up under scrutiny...

No comments: