Sunday, March 08, 2015

Creating and destroying...

Playlist
Robert Fripp - Let the Power Fall
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Schneewitchen
Cloudland Blue Quartet - SS SQ XIX

Up around 6:20 and to the back room to play and record another soundscape, having obtained my bearings by a listen for the first time in probably too long a time, to Robert Fripp's "Let the Power Fall"...

Although this spurt of work was inspired by the new Creek pieces, on listening to my parts in isolation last night, I realised they can stand alone...

And so, a new CBQ album has come completely out of the blue and "Schneewitchen" is its name...



There are five tracks as follows:-

The Magic Mirror (5:06)
The Poisoned Apple (11:36)
The Glass Coffin (5:04)
The Wedding Invitation (22:38)
The Hot-Iron Shoes (4:33)

...and the LP also incorporates field recordings made in March 2014...

It now sits on the shelf, awaiting release, alongside the 40 minutes or so of "SS SQ XIX", recorded in January 2014...

Out for brunch to the Steading...




...then, to Ikea (ikk-ay-ah not aye-kee-ah apparently)...


...and on, to my mum's, where Anne enjoyed the tennis...


...while sister Sheila and I cleaned out mum's kitchen, in readiness for some upcoming decorating...


Whole cupboards of hoarded unused stuff were cleared...


The top of the freezer was cleared and cleaned...


Further cupboards were sorted out...


I could not, however, throw away this aide mémoire to himself, written by my dad in the unlikely event that he might have to use the washing machine....


We found some out of date stuff - unopened flour from 2008...


...unopened spaghetti from 2005...


...and, quite probably, far too many light bulbs...


Some Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce which expired almost three years ago..


The bins were full to overflowing by the time we'd finished...


Anne was, of course, wondering how I could be so matter of fact with my old mum's old stuff yet still seem to be completely unable to throw away anything of my own...

Home late afternoon and, in prep for some of our own upcoming decorating at Crispycat Towers, some building of stuff from Ikea...


...did not take too long...


A tasty chilli for tea and listening back again to "Schneewitchen" - and the three Creek/CBQ soundscape combination pieces which form part of my Creek proposals - whilst writing this up...

Later, I will watch the first in the remake of "Poldark" - I did not watch the original in the 70's...

I am hoping it will be good but won't be updating this before lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Creating and destroying...

No comments: