Thursday, March 26, 2015

Cooking with Ornette...

Playlist
Creek - Creek 2015
M - New York-London-Paris-Munich
Genesis - Abacab
Blood, Sweat & Tears - The Best Of Blood, Sweat & Tears: What Goes Up!
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Trilogy
Klaus Schulze - La Vie Électronique 1
Balanescu Quartet - Byrne, Moran, Lurie & Torke
Ornette Coleman - Beauty is a Rare Thing
M - The History of Pop Muzik

A driech morning but the rain was eventually blown away...

An almost purchase in HMV - a box of 5 CDs of classical works by trumpeter Wynton Marsalis - the voice in my head said I had enough classical CDs and would likely not listen to these and only the CD to price ratio (5:8) was drawing me to buy...

Not to worry...

Donna Lewis' disc with the Bad Plus is awaited - along with a new Hard Drive for Crispycat Recordings stuff...

These pics belie the presence of a biting wind...




The moon was out as I made my way home...



The tram does not go my way...


This is what an afternoon of Ornette Coleman can do - light emerging from head...


...and wayward eyebrows of an ever ageing old coot...


...as the sun went down...


...it was time to cook...


Cooking with Ornette...


My signature dish...






At one stage, I thought I might have overdone it a bit on the old stock front...


The wine helped calm my nerves...


..and it turned out to be a "fools and bairns"* scenario...


Success on a plate...


...with plenty leftovers...

A relaxing night in front of the telly, initially with "Two Broke Girls", "Big Bang Theory", "Brooklyn Nine Nine" and "Marry Me", followed by writing this up to the sound of M...

As ever, Thursday ended with "This Week"

Highlight of the Day : Cooking with Ornette...

*Fools and bairns (children) should never see a job half done...

No comments: