Friday, October 25, 2013

I just don't understand computers...

Playlist
Various - Albums of the Month 2013 So Far
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Twenty Four Paintings (Details)

A day which seemed to contain much waiting around...

Up early to bring this up to date...


...but failed miserably due to laptop problems...

I just don't understand computers...

Eventually, I couldn't even connect to the interweb to try and find out why I couldn't connect to the interweb...

Abandoning the project, uptown - where a nice salad based lunch was enjoyed al fresco with these views...




Of course, when I say "al fresco", I don't mean sitting outside a restaurant overlooking Princes St Gardens - no, I mean standing eating salad from a plastic tray purchased at Morrisons...

Heading home later, after walking my usual walk to the bus stop which is much further away than one which is closer, and having had a few going my way buses sail past as I was between stops, I arrived to find the next going my way bus wasn't for around 25 minutes...

I took the philosophical view that this merely afforded me more time to listen to music...

The iPod is now filled with my top ten albums for each month of 2013 - which should be 100 - but, because of the many multiple CD sets on the list - including 21 from the King Crimson box recently acquired and 29 from the box of 18th Century classical music obtained back in January - there are 222 albums from which to choose...

Back home and the laptop was still playing silly buggers...

Then, all of a sudden, it started working again...

I just don't understand computers...

The final wait of the day was caused by inefficient providers of sustenance...

Having called in an order and being told it would be ready for collection in 30 minutes, I arrived to find the cooking had not yet commenced - then, around 10 minutes later, found only one meal was being cooked...

Tasty nonetheless but consideration being given as to any future return to said establishment...

Some "work" was able to be done late on, interspersed with a particularly weak edition of "Have I Got News" and new fave, "Man Down"...

And so, to close the day, a reminder that Hallowe'en is approaching...


Scary!

To bed with the "details" on the cans...

Highlight of the Day : The laptop starting to work again...

No comments: