Monday, October 07, 2013

Back with the band...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - New Pieces

Getting used to the new look of the living room...


...gradually...



Out and, with the walking having slipped slightly since the return from Germany - especially at the weekends what with the new music work - I determined to use the zoo route re accessing the city centre again...

Down the hill...


...and along...


A two mile round trip at lunchtime up to the Royal Mile...


On Princes St some nice watches noticed...


In the evening, interaction with both nephews Alastair and Andrew, sons of sister Sheila...

Ali came round to very successfully and efficiently install the new shower...

...while Andy came round to transport me and all my (and his) stuff down to Keith's where, tonight, Capital Models reconvened after a hiatus of eight months...

Despite having my camera with me, we were working so hard, I forgot to take any pics...

Suffice to say, an excellent evening of musicking, with Andy adding much to the sound - and suggestions too re the repertoire...

An Aviici song beckons - of course I'll need to actually listen to it first...

My suggestion of "Wrecking Ball" was met with shouts of "no Miley Cyrus"...

Oh well..

The evening's playing bodes well for the future, although timing of getting the four of us together in one room on a regular basis is still proving to be problematic...

A flying visit from Kat McKenzie early on - she is planning a performance at some point and Keith, Jamie and I will attempt to help her recreate the sound of her album, with Jamie playing my guitar parts...

Good to finally have her CD in the flesh, so to speak...

Back home it joined the today arrived by mail from Germany collection of 80 excerpts of outlandish contemporary German classical music melded into one 60 minute mix...


Both await my attention...

A good day...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Back with the band...

No comments: