Friday, October 18, 2013

Not Dick's cat...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Twenty Four Paintings
Miles Davis - Isle of Wight
Miles Davis Quintet - Europe 1967 (DVD)
Various - Northern Soul The Collection
Grand Funk Railroad - 30 Years of Funk
The Beatles - Revolver
Boston - Greatest Hits
Brad Mehldau Trio - The Art of the Trio Vols 1-5
Ferry Corsten - Once Upon a Night Vol 2

The Exec Producer was off this morning with sister-in-law Jane and niece Kitty for a girls' weekend down in that London...

I had big plans...

They came to nothing...

At lunch time, a walk to Fopp and they've done another of those "let's break up an expensive box set which anyone who ever wanted to buy has bought and sell the discs individually for £3" offers on the go...

Today, it was the turn of Miles Davis - and I picked up his set from the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970 along with what I thought was a CD of two concerts in Germany and Sweden in 1967...

To round things up, I partook of a 3CD collection of Northern Soul favourites...


Of course it turns out I already have the Isle of Wight disc on the hard drive and the other one's actually a DVD -  a pretty good DVD but I would have liked it as a CD...

The Northern Soul is cracking - although, like tuneless contemporary German classical music, you need to be in the mood...

I had the camera with me today but was mostly uninspired...

However, I thought it might be good to record the trees on the South side of Charlotte Square...

So here they are...










...but I think this is the pic of the day...


I do like a leaf...

Anyway, back home and made possibly the worst bowl of spaghetti I've ever tasted - butter beans were a mistake but, it was only once home that I realised my only ingredients, to complement my stupidly vastly over-cooked spaghetti, would be onions, tinned tomatoes and the aforementioned not to be bought again, ever, butter beans...

So what else did I do other than actually achieving anything?

I watched three episodes of "Big Bang Theory" and the Miles Davis DVD...

Meanwhile, later on, while I was upstairs ripping and listening to some, as I seemed in the right mood, tasty Northern Soul, Meg the Black Cat proceeded to throw up everywhere and in such a fashion that it seems un-clean-up-able...

And to cap it all, not content with covering the dining room with cat sick, she also did some new clawing of the new suite...

You've got to love her though, eh?

I retired, injured by sick and scratching, around 12:45am - early for me when Anne's away...

If only it was Meg who was off in London...

The wee pie...


Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth...

It would, however, be thrown up...

Highlight of the Day : Miles Davis Quintet in black and white...

No comments: