Friday, December 07, 2012

We are the robots...

Playlist
Various - London American Doo Wop 1955-58
Various - London American Doo Wop 1959-61
Various - June to December Acquisitions on Shuffleplay
White Denim - D
Various - 8Bit Operators : The Music of Kraftwerk
My Morning Jacket - Circuital

Started the day by getting up very early to rip yesterday's purchases to the jukebox for during-the-day listening...

In the end, not a single track came up on the shuffleplay but I enjoyed the doo wop as I ripped...

The cold continues - as is, I suppose, entirely natural for December...



Given a distinct lack of walking for the most part of the day, in the early evening, I walked the mile or so to Fopp (and, later, all the way back and towards home before getting the bus)...

Through the West End...


...past Charlotte Square...


...and the St Columba's Hospice Xmas Tree...


...along Rose Street...


...past the now completed and entirely successful Primark store...


...and the very popular with photographers...


...Xmas Tree at the back of "upmarket" bar, The Dome...


In Fopp, I was enticed...

Quelle surprise!

A disc first seen a couple of weeks back in one of the Glasgow branches - cover versions of Kraftwerk Klassiks played on re-tooled lo-bit gaming technology...

It sounds a million times better than that description might bring you to imagine...

Also, a £3 chance on a new to me US supposedly "psych-rock" but, to me perfectly fine mainstream and kind of Wilco-ish band, My Morning Jacket...

And an, as I write, as yet unsavoured 2CD compilation of music from the first 15 years of the Bella Union record label...

Thirty four artists, of whom 10 or so already have material in my collection - so some investigating to be done...

Back along Rose St... 


Heading for Wester Coates, past the Cathedral...



...and a bus home for ripping, listening, Chicken Chow Mein munching and, later on, the watching with Annie of the first two episodes of the very enjoyable "Last Tango in Halifax", starring one of may favourites, Sir Derek Jacobi...

Also tonight, an initial possible learning (or at least trying out, since it didn't quite work) of a few Xmas faves...

I wish it could indeed be Xmas everyday...

Highlight of the Day : New telly enjoyment opportunity with the Exec Producer...

No comments: