Wednesday, December 26, 2012

1,000 hours...

Playlist
Muse - The 2nd Law
Various - Last 100 Acquisitions
Various -Ho! Ho! Ho! Canada!

Boxing Day - but I'm writing this two days later and, once again, struggling to remember any meaningful detail...

Why do I bother?

Well, it's kind of OCD isn't it?  If there's been a daily entry for approaching 8 years, then I can't very well miss out a day now can I?

I am approaching my 3,000th post - even if each only averaged 20 minutes to produce (many take much longer and very few take shorter), that's 1,000 hours of my life writing this drivel...

It's quite good to look back on though I suppose - for me at least...

But 1,000 hours - if I assume, in a week I might have around 60 hours of time when I might do this instead of something else, then, if I only did this, I'd have spent around 17 weeks of my life writing this blog - roughly four months...

This is how I waste my time...

Anyway, today (or two days ago), I started the day with the new Muse album, which I didn't get a chance to sample yesterday - and mighty fine it is too - like a cross between Queen, ELO and Rush - but in a good way...

No doubt some Tivo'd TV was then watched before quickly cobbling together an 80 minute Xmas compilation from tracks received gratis from Oh Canada! over the last four years on their "Ho! Ho! Ho! Canada!" Xmas compilations...

At 2:30, CD-R in pocket, we made our way to the bus with bags full of presents and wine, round to Jane and Bobby's for the annual Family Xmas extravaganza...

I enjoyed handing out the presents and received in return a very tasty looking jar of Bobby's home made Xmas chutney...

Look forward to sampling some of that very soon...

Wee Rafa was a bit more lively today, livelier indeed than these pics suggest...





...and nephew Craig was his usual exuberant self...


I enjoyed leafing through the book of 500 best tracks from 1977 to now, selected by the writers at Pitchfork - a present for Bobby now that his musical tastes are widening considerably...


Two years ago, sister Pam was in attendance - having just come back from Hemel and not yet advised of the severity of her just removed (as much as possible) tumour...


I'm sure she was there somehow today (and yesterday too) - which is hard considering I don't believe in life after death - other than people living on in those who knew and loved them's hearts - which Pam certainly does...

Four years ago today, we had the karaoke/Singstar scenario...


Six years ago today, there was definitely something chocolatey on the menu...


See, it is good to keep a diary...

Anyway, once Craig's girlfriend Arianne, who had to work today, arrived...


....we sat down to a scrumptious meal, of which I only managed to picture the starters...


Lamb shanks for the main and Eton Mess and Chocolate Roulade for pudding - followed by cheese and biscuits...

Then games, most of which the Exec Producer won...


A good time was had by all and we exited into the rain around 9pm to catch the bus home to Meg the Black Cat...

...and the very funny indeed first in a new series of "Miranda" - even though her trousers caught in the lift doors has been done a hundred times before, I was in stiches...

A fine end to a fine day...

Highlight of the day : Xmas continues...

No comments: