Sunday, March 27, 2011

Quantity not quality...

Playlist
David Reilly – Various Old Tracks and Stuff
Sly and the Family Stone - Life
Joe Zawinul – Zawinul
Hill – String Quartets
Ginastera – String Quartets
David Reilly – Bravura Vols 1-3

Well, I almost felt like I wasted today kind of but it all turned out right in the end, maybe...

I was labouring big time with the idea of a new compilation package – the problem is I’ve created far too much music over the years...

“Just include your best stuff, Dave” I hear you say – but I’ve been listening to loads of things I’ve ignored for years and there’s lots of stuff there which I think is good...

Too much...

And I’ve been creating “remixes” of really old stuff from the late seventies, which, of course because they’re “new”, I want to include...

What it definitely won’t include though, will be the full 60 minute mix of December 1977’s “The Drone Effect” (twice as long as the original)...

Idiot...

Lost an hour in the night but up around seven anyway and working on the above...

Other than a short break for breakfast, spent the whole morning and early afternoon arseing about with running orders and different versions of various tracks etc etc et-bloody-cetera...

Meg the Black Cat was very interested - can you spot her?



Took a break to watch Brazil beat Scotland 2-0 in London – soundtracked by two recent acquisitions to try and cleanse the palate...

Then wrote this up whilst listening to some of the, in some cases, very long indeed, instrumental pieces I gathered together yesterday morning from across the years...

I’m afraid I’ve never been a great one for the old adage “Quality not Quantity”...

Word from sister Pam via my mum, she will be to Edinburgh up on 23 April - have added a pic of her to the entry for Friday - lookin' goood......

Cooked dinner – Leek & Pancetta Risotto...



...soundtracked by Senor Ginastera's crazy quartets...

Tivo’d “Glee” and “Harry Hill’s TV Burp” then live “Junior Doctors” and another preposterous “Waking the Dead”...

Then (probably not) finalising the now 3CD (formerly 5CD) compilation, 1977-89, 1990-1997, 1999-2011, including one new track and various new mixes and edits...

Just in time for bed...

Highlight of the Day : Working on my music...

No comments: